i have a 8310 that is locked by password is there any way to reset ... General Blackberry forum

angel090669 no está en línea Stack level 1

8310 password

Advertisement

i have a 8310 that is locked by password is there any way to reset it maybe a blackberry master password or could i just upgrade the os and it be cleared thank you so much in advance

DomP no está en línea Stack level 1
    I'm sure I'd be asking the obvious, but is there anyway for you to recall that password that was used? As far as I understand, there is no master password. Also there is a chance, depending on how it was setup, that entering the incorrect PW more than several times will completely wipe the unit.
    Unfortunately I can't answer the question well enough, because I'm not certain that a OS upgrade will allow you to bypass this security feature.. you may not have access at all to it. I'd be curious to know the answer myself.
    Best of luck!

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    That's pretty much it...if you enter the password too many times incorrectly, the BB will wipe itself and you can create a new password. Usually after an update the password will still remain.

thanks

thanks so you are sayn that if i keep tryn to recall the password that it will erase the old one and let me put in a new one and be able to use the blackberry again

TorturedNacho no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    208EB87C
    Quote Originally Posted by angel090669 View Post
    thanks so you are sayn that if i keep tryn to recall the password that it will erase the old one and let me put in a new one and be able to use the blackberry again
    Just dont want you to think that it will wipe the password.
    when they say wipe that means the berry will be CLEARED of all DATA and INFORMATION and then you would have to reset and security setting will need to be reloaded .
    Last edited by TorturedNacho; 09-15-2008 at 09:30 PM.

Brian80 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yea just like Nacho said you will lose all the information that was on the device plus have to reload the OS.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian80 View Post
    Yea just like Nacho said you will lose all the information that was on the device plus have to reload the OS.
    No, the OS will remain intact, but yes, all the data, apps, etc will be removed.

so u are sayn after i install a new os i can use my blackberry again

and another question just how many failed atempts will it take to make the system to wipe itself out

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Quote Originally Posted by angel090669 View Post
    and another question just how many failed atempts will it take to make the system to wipe itself out
    You don't have to reload your OS. Normally, after 10 bad password attempts the phone will wipe and return to like it was out of the box more or less. I think then it will ask you for a new password. You can then run a restore and get your data back to the BB.

Brian80 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I thought that it completely got rid of everything including the OS sorry about that

ok thank you very much

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian80 View Post
    I thought that it completely got rid of everything including the OS sorry about that
    The jl_cmndr wipe will do that, not the handheld wipe.