Hey there. I've had the 8220 since March and never had any problems, so about ... General Blackberry forum

sdlucly no está en línea Stack level 2

8220: Can't turn on bluetooth

Advertisement

Hey there. I've had the 8220 since March and never had any problems, so about two or three days ago I realized that there was a new OS out there and figured I should update since it's been ages since I had. I connected the BB to the computer, turned on the Desktop Manager, and did the backup of the information. Then, hit on Update System (or something like that) and the process started. Everything worked fine, I lost nothing of my information... and then two days ago when I tried to turn on the Bluebooth, it stayed turned off. I tried to Search a Device, and it just froze and wouldn't work until I removed the battery.

Not knowing what else to do, I formatted the cellphone with JL_Cmder and then installed again the OS, thinking maybe had gone wrong during the installation. It finished installing about five minutes ago and the bluetooth still won't turn on. I'm at the end of my rope here, what else can I do? Is is the OS? I checked and it's v4.6.0.305 (Platform 4.1.0.100). I'm really starting to freak out over here, so if anyone has an idea of what to do, please, let me know. Thanks!

PIN/ID
    Apple
    It must be the OS, if this hasn't happened before then, then I would say its OS related. Try a search of your issue and see if anyone else has had similar issue with that OS. Also, did you load the OS with sim or sd card in. Sometimes this can cause issues, I always pull out my sim and sd card before I load an OS. I also do 3 60 second batt pulls back to back after install.

Oh, first I installed it with the SD card out, but after the formatting of the cellphone, I kept the SIM card and the SD card in. Hmm. You've give me hope. I'll try formatting it again but with both cards out.

I'm really freaking out now, so thanks for your suggestion!

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Yea,NP. I'll keep thinking also. I just don't own a 8220

Yeah, but I don't think it's a problem of the 8220. Because it was working just fine before the OS update. Now I just don't know how to fix that. I mean, I did the formatting and everything, and it work work. :cry:

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Yea, just sounds like the OS, if it persist then I would downgrade. That should solve your issue, if not my guess is its hardware but I don't think so.

That's the thing, I don't know how to downgrade! I mean, I just clicked on the update link in the Blackberry page, but I have no idea how to download an OS that's not the latest... Argh, I should have just left it the way it was! :cry:

9of13 no está en línea Theme Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    im sorry to say but this is a common glitch with the pearl flip. the only solution ive constantly seen to fix this is to get a new flip. i went thru 2 and both had bluetooths fail.
    For my theme blog, remember....
    Resistance Is Futile

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I had a 7100t do the same thing several years ago when I paired it with a Plantronics M2500 Bluetooth headset.

Try the 8220 links here on this page http://forums.pinstack.com/blogs/3389/blog86.html

Delete ALL OS versions from your PC. Install the older of the two here by looking at the Application version. Reboot the PC. Connect your BB with the SIM and memory cards, as well as the battery, out of the phone. Find Application Loader at C:/Program Files/Coomon Files/Research In Motion/App Loader. Click on the App Loader icon (phone icon). When it begins to load, carefully reinsert battery. Let it finish. Then try connecting to BlueTooth when it's fully booted.

Erica, Thanks so much! I'm gonna to and try that. I never had this problem with my 8120, but maybe I was just lucky. Thanks!

Oh, quick question, how do I delete all OS versions from the PC? I'm not sure about that. Thanks for the help!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Start>Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs. Look for anything that says BlackBerry Device Software 4.6

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    Start>Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs. Look for anything that says BlackBerry Device Software 4.6
    Thanks so much! I'm gonna try that tonight, when I get home, because I can't turn my phone off at work. Thanks!

Okay, so I've done it all and still, bluetooth won't go work. I keep hitting it "enable bluetooth" and it keeps staying on disable.

Any other suggestions? I'm on the verge of freaking out (or maybe I'm past freaking out and just haven't noticed) here. :cry: