I have an 8120 - today my shortcut keys and my track ball would not ... General Blackberry forum

steve7 no está en línea Stack level 1

8120 buggin

Advertisement

I have an 8120 - today my shortcut keys and my track ball would not work - I can see my call log but when I push the track ball to redial - it acts like I am hitting letters in - the same thing happens when I hit hte application key to the left of the track ball and I can scroll through my phone book but hte green button won't work - it doesn't allow me to answer calls - the only way to make a call is wiht voice commands. - Any suggestions or is it just fried!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Please let us know what you find out. My boss is having the exact same problem with his 8130! (of course, since I recommended a BB he's having strange problems! LOL)
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by steve7 View Post
    I have an 8120 - today my shortcut keys and my track ball would not work - I can see my call log but when I push the track ball to redial - it acts like I am hitting letters in - the same thing happens when I hit hte application key to the left of the track ball and I can scroll through my phone book but hte green button won't work - it doesn't allow me to answer calls - the only way to make a call is wiht voice commands. - Any suggestions or is it just fried!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You did not mention how old it is. Anyway with the info provided I might suggest you call your carrier and see if they can help.

steve7 no está en línea Stack level 1
    The bb is only 4 months old - I took it today and they replaced the phone - no reason for the melt down - but it was as explained completely unworkable. Now I am trying to reset 3 emails and phil my address book. - Can I copy my address book to my pc and the resend it to my bb if it ever breaks down again - my sim card was locked so i couldn't save to it before they replaced the phone - the carrier is Cincinnati Bell and they took care of it all

natesax7 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244d259a
    You can use the blackberry desktop manager to create a backup file of your device in case the meltdown happens again. (or if you get another BB)

Check out the General blackberry forum for instructions on using BB desktop manager, or check out discoverblackberry.com

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    Glad you got that taken care of. These pearl2 models are very buggy for some reason. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~