I don't know if it is just my handset, but are all of these phones ... General Blackberry forum

h4ck no está en línea Stack level 1

8100 Pearl Speaker Volume

Advertisement

I don't know if it is just my handset, but are all of these phones very weak when it comes to the external speaker? I find most. if not all, ringtones sound very soft and more often than not I miss calls because of this (I dont use a holster) . I noticed that if I take the backpeice off of the phone it rings alot louder, could this be what is causing the problem? Hope this isnt a stupid repost, but I just wanted to get some opinions on it.

Thanks.

chris93372 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31D7C73C

Re: 8100 Pearl Speaker Volume

You've discovered what others have heard - the speaker is a lot louder with the back off. Some have drilled holes in the battery compartment, others have purchased a replacement back from Sedio.

Kortanis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA980E
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ ice been thinking of drilling holes in mine as well. I was thiking of doing it it the pattern of the blackberry logo underneath where it says blackberry on the back. Only thing is that I want it to look good and I only have one shot. Anyone have any tips?

Vindicated no está en línea Stack level 3

I've been thinking the same thing! The speaker has a good volume, but it could be LOUDER!!!

ray244190 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    askme

Put a piece of scotch tape on the back. This will give you something to draw on along with it keeps the bit from sliding.
    Normal is but just a setting on a dryer

Kortanis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA980E

I had wanted the blackberry logo, so I sized and printed it onto a semi-transparent mailing label that I had a bunch of laying around. This worked fabulous, I was able to position the logo right where I wanted it, I could see where I was drilling, and then I went to peel of the label and it peeled some silver flake off the case.... So close to success...

So... between using to much pressure when applying the label and underestimating the adhesive strength, I'm all messed up. It's ugly but it sounds great.

I'm guessing spare panels can be purchased? I have yet to look just yet. I'm thinking ebay or from RIM.

vailbear no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242693D1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I drilled in the case using Dremel with 1/8 inch bit. I drilled 2 above and 2 below the logo. What a difference! Then I bought a new Piel Frama case and there was no cut out for the speaker. I used my Dremel with a fine point bit and used my wife's tea bag strainer for a pattern. No, she does not read the "Stacks"!

thizzlamic no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E20538

(first post hehe)All of my songs, are loud enough to hear. I mean, at first they werent, but I just went into the profile options and edited it, so instead of "low" or "med" sound volume, I put "loud." Then again, it could be because I use mp3's for ringtones that can also affect sound quality/volume.

Never heard of the drilling thing, might give it a shot one day lol.