My 8100 call-logs and sms text messages get deleted every day, I do a hard ... General Blackberry forum

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired

8100 or 83xx

Advertisement

My 8100 call-logs and sms text messages get deleted every day, I do a hard reboot twice a day, and I delete all my emails every day. Basically, I am tired of it. There is no fix to it. My 7105t never did this..and I never deleted anything or ever had to do a hard reboot for this.

Does the 83xx call logs disspear? I might be on my way out of the blackberry world if RIM doesn't fix this,

Is the curve worth it? Or will I encounter the same problem.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: 8100 or 83xx

This is memory issue...what do you have installed on your BB?

See this thread: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...sms_mms_e.html

Even with a curve, if you don't manage your memory it will happen.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by boomboom View Post
    My 8100 call-logs and sms text messages get deleted every day My 7105t never did this..and I never deleted anything

Does the 83xx call logs disspear? Is the curve worth it?.
    My 7130c, 8100, 8310, & 8820 do not do this even though I handle over 100 emails per day. I also use a BB for a minimum of 12hrs a day.

That said, I have all my BB's optomized for stability & speed. I have a minimum of 3rd party apps & delete all messages twice a day, @ noon & end of day.

Sci-Tek no está en línea Stack level 4

if your about size, go for the pearl.. its smal, its light weighted and looks like a champ

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired

I have the pearl, a great phone, but I am freaken tired of my call logs being deleted. I shouldn't have to do a hard reboot each day to try to prevent it from happening. I have over 8 megs of memory left. All the sudden everything gets deleted. I don't have too many programs.... Like 4 additional programs. (empower, spell check, opera, and of course links to pinstack, espn and MLB)

It isn't like I didn't have this on my 7105t, I had more programs on it... I have all my pictures on my micro-card.... Just tired of it.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Quote Originally Posted by boomboom View Post
    I have the pearl, a great phone, but I am freaken tired of my call logs being deleted. I shouldn't have to do a hard reboot each day to try to prevent it from happening. I have over 8 megs of memory left. All the sudden everything gets deleted. I don't have too many programs.... Like 4 additional programs. (empower, spell check, opera, and of course links to pinstack, espn and MLB)

It isn't like I didn't have this on my 7105t, I had more programs on it... I have all my pictures on my micro-card.... Just tired of it.
    Try the memory thread red suggests in post #2 and if this doesn't help
    you can try this:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...the_pearl.html

I would also suggest you upgrade to the latest OS for your Pearl as I see you are on an older OS
    here is the latest:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...2_1_108_a.html
    how to here:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...lackberry.html
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

stuart B no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256c5822

i have empower spell, mail viewer, Jivetalk, Mobireader,Audible, viggo,datavault and secret diary aswell as some others and my memory seems fine?????