Hi Guys, So, if anyone can help me with this, I would appreciate it. In ... General Blackberry forum

TeriO no está en línea Stack level 3

8100- My Call Log Keeps Getting Wiped Out

Advertisement

Hi Guys,

So, if anyone can help me with this, I would appreciate it. In the past 2 weeks, my call log has wiped it's self out on my BB-8100. I use it quite often (as I frequently call the same numbers) and 3 times in the last 2 weeks I have hit the green phone key to get to my call log and it's empty. Empty of calls made and calls received. I have not made any changes to the phone other then adding a few themes several weeks ago. However, the wipes do not seem to correspond to my activating a new theme. Any suggestions?

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Your device is probably low or out of memory. Your phone will delete call logs & messages when it needs to free up memory.

There are dozens & dozens of posts here on the "Stacks" about this problem and if you'll go to the top of the screen, click on "Guide" and then "Device Troubleshooting", there will be a step-by-step process for freeing up memory.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

Great! Thank you.

OK, this is going to seem like a silly question for most of you. Sorry. But, I am trying to follow the directions for clearing out some memory and one of the things I have to do is hit a combination of keys, including the esc key. Well, on my pearl there is not a key labeled esc, so I am not sure which one it is.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Doing a battery pull is the same thing...
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

Concept Guest
    Remove apps that you don't use. Remove the pre-installed themes and media items. If you search, I'm sure you can find plenty of links on how to improve your memory.

I deleted a lot of pictures that I had taken w/ the camera. Hopefully that will take care of the problem.

Concept Guest
    Its not the pictures you take with your camera that take up memory. I would assume that you have a memory card in there and thats where your pictures should be stored. But every BB comes with some wallpapers, music and videos pre-installed on the phone. That is what you need to delete.

Just go to media>pictures>preloaded pictures. If you see anything there, thats what you need to delete. Same with media>videos>sample video.

Use either crack mem on your computer or maxmem on your BB to get rid of these things. Make sure you know what your doing first because you can't just delete everything. And once you wipe your themes or something else you need, you'll be right back on here asking for help because you deleted something you shouldn't have.

If you use crack mem or max mem, you are pretty safe deleting the sample video, wallpapers, voice activated dialing (if you don't use it) TTY, and push to talk (if you don't use it). Don't delete the themes if you don't know what your doing. You can go into the java folder on your desktop and remove all the non carrier themes you want.

Like I said, please, please, please search and get a lot of answers first before you go deleting things. Theres plenty of help out there thats been stated in probably 50 threads on any BB forum so just look first.