Anyone have any suggestions or ideas as to why my BB Pearl 8100 crashes EVERY ... General Blackberry forum

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Question 8100 crashes every time I travel!

Advertisement

Anyone have any suggestions or ideas as to why my BB Pearl 8100 crashes EVERY time I travel? Within a day of going out of town, I get a white screen with an error message ("App Error 523"). Even though now I travel with all of my backup files on a flash drive, it is REALLY getting to be a pain in the rear to have to go through completely reinstalling everything while I'm on the road. HELP!!!
    Thanks!

PS - This happens whether I fly or drive. I usually have to be out of my home state for more than 24 hours, although once it did happen within about 6 hours.

dj flyy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244ac444
    that's weird. I had app error 523 when i was in Arizona (boston's home)

it was a pain in the ***, due to the fact that i'm a mac guy, i had to borrow a PC, AND pay for internet in the room ($24 a day) in order to download the massive file of DM and the phone OS. it then took a remarkable 8 hours with people on t-mobile customer service, and they had to forward me to Japan to work with research in motion tech people.

finally started working again, but since i did not have the ability to back the device up, i was stuck with a tiny 250 person phone book (missing about 300?) which was miserable.. nothing like having to ask a client who they are since you don't have names

best of luck, i'd call cust. service for a new device, or see if anyone else has reported the problem
    dj flyy

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Wasn't this already posted in the RIM Handheld OS forum?
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Yes it was posted in a different forum, but I didn't get much of a response there and I really need to get this resolved!! Pinstack has always helped me in the past so I have high hopes that I'll find the solution here in the technical area. I've already tried AT&T Customer Service with no luck.... several times...