Hello all. I am new and am looking for a little help. I am one ... General Blackberry forum

tlove1966 no está en línea Stack level 1

7520, Tasks not showing

Advertisement

Hello all. I am new and am looking for a little help. I am one of those people many of you have been talking about - a BB user with no data plan - I'll tell you why. I need a Mike phone, Calendar and Tasks all on one unit. At this point, I have no need of email or internet on the device.

That being said, I can't figure out why, if the ToDo application is on the BB, Show Tasks is enabled, and I can Import my Outlook tasks to the BB - it even says that there are 10 of them in there somewhere...why do they not show up on my unit? There is no Tasks icon to be found anywhere.

I have already 'Wiped' the unit and started from scratch. The Core application for the BB is 4.1

Any ideas?

Thanks loads in advance.

grahamcl1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: 7520, Tasks not showing

I have a few users that use the BB the same way you are trying too. It seems to work for them. Here is an idea to tyr if you havent already.

Connect the device to you PC and start the desktop manager.
    open the syncronize option and select the configuration tab.
    then click on the second option down which is configure sync...
    here you should be able to add and remove applications that are able to sync.
    I believe the tasks option is not enabled by default, so you will have to place a check next to tasks.
    click ok
    and close out and try to syncronize again.

This is what worked for my users, Hopefully it will work for you.

Hi and thank you for your reply. I have the Desktop Manager version 4.1.0.10 and I don't have the exact same wording as you described....What I do have is the Intellisync button, then I select Configure PIM, I have selected the Tasks and it actually does sync them, but it still doesn't show. Should I be changing the Software I'm using?

I dont know if any of what I am about to bable on about will help but here goes...

First of all I am using desktop manager 4.2.2 on a vista machine using outlook 2007 and all of our BB devices are either 8100 or 8800 series

On these devices there is an option to hide icons from the "desktop" on the device. I do not know about your model buton those you can see all icons by selecting the blackbery button and selecting show all.

for your syncronize being called PIM that is fine they are controlling the same features. the next idea is to creat a new Profile partnership between outlook and the desktop manager. this can be managed under options > profile settings.

I would recommend uninstalling your current desktop manager and downloading a newer version from
    www blackberry com
    Just make sure your system meets the requirements for the version you are about to download.

I am in no way an expert, however I have many blackberry users and I work with them daily, and like I said before I have sevral users that have accomplished exactly what you are trying. (so we know it is possible)

Sorry I could not be of more help

Thanks for all your attempts. I'm currently downloading v4.3 - I'll give that a go. I've already done the hide / show all, but still it doesn't show up. I found where it says to show tasks within the BB itself and that is set to Yes and it says there are 14 items in there...The little buggers are just hiding from me....I'm just hoping that the used BB I bought isn't somehow defective.

Thanks again.

I have done some research on your issue.
    From what I am reading sometimes used devices or devices that have had many settings manipulated "loose" tasks, and notes features. this can be restored by reloading the BB os or Upgrading to a newer version. This is a task that should not be taken lightly and should only be attempted with complete confidence that you know what you are doing. If you have any doubts ask someone for help. I have only used this process a few times but have found the information needed to properly complete this task here in theese forums.

I am not a leve 2 member so I cannot post links but you can go directly to the link by googling "jvm error 102" the top result should be from pinstack and with have the instructions needed for reloading a OS

this is for another error however the step by step is usefull in acquiring the os image and reloading.

Good Luck
    -grahamcl1

Thanks. I'll give that a try. I've just finished the install of the Desktop software and am about to reboot my pc. We'll see what happens....;-)

Woo Hooo!! After a few minutes of absolute panic, all is well. I used this application: JL_Cmder_v1.9.0_Installer.zip to Wipe the device, because I can no longer find that option through the screens. Downloaded the O/S for the BB (which is the same version as I had previously) Opened the BB Desktop Manager and loaded the O/S, found an option through the software install for ... you guessed it ... TASKS !!!!! (well of course I selected it, and every other option there was too) Then I re-sync'd my data and I'm all done.

Thank you so much for talking me through this...It always feels better to know there's someone out there willing to listen and try to help.

Take Care
    TL