have a blackberry pearl thats kinda falling apart on me. i can get the 7290 ... General Blackberry forum

lilninja03 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24180B44

Question 7290 worth it?

Advertisement

have a blackberry pearl thats kinda falling apart on me. i can get the 7290 for almost free but know nothing about it. anyone know about it? think i'll be dissapointed after having the pearl 8100?

dts51 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask ;-)
    I think you will. It's big and bulky. Display resolution is dated. Not ideal for web surfing, too slow...on the other hand, If you just need a device for texting and email then the 7290 works great cuz the full qwerty key board is the best RIM design to date IMO. I own one and pull it out of the drawer from time to time and realize how advanced the current BB's are in comparison.
    "May fortune favor the foolish" ...... Captain James T. Kirk

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    Almost free? Use it as a backup until you get a new Pearl. Just don't make it your permanent BB.
    T-Mobile HTC Touch Pro2 & I'm not coming back! :D

--HeavyC.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by lilninja03 View Post
    i can get the 7290 for almost free but know nothing about it. anyone know about it? think i'll be disappointed after having the pearl 8100?
    I've had a 7290 & I loved it. Yes it's rather big, but it has one of the greatest keyboards ever. Don't compare it to your other BlackBerry, as its totally different. It will be great for texting, email, & voice. The display will not be as sharp or as bright. But if you get it for $25 or less & its in good shape, it will be ideal to get you by.
    That's my take...
    Sent via Archer's BlackBerry

RedNightHawk no está en línea Stack level 3
    I don't know if disappointed is the right word for it.

Have to agree with Archer. I like the full size keyboard, but the screen is definitely old school compared to the crispness of a Pearl.

Another thing to consider is the OS. Right now the highest you can load on a 7290 is 4.1.0.377 (That I know of). That not only means using older themes (if any), but less cool built-in to the OS features that you might be used to (even 4.2 had improvements over 4.1). You won't have a sd card so you'll also lose media capabilities like video.

If you can truly get it for almost free w/o contracts or anything, you might as well, just to see what it's like, but don't expect to fall in love with it.