I purchased an unlocked 7290 online w/o service. I went to China and bought a ... General Blackberry forum

pscarp13 no está en línea Stack level 1

7290 on China Mobile

Advertisement

I purchased an unlocked 7290 online w/o service. I went to China and bought a China Mobile SIM.

I can receive calls and send SMS on China Mobile, but I cannot call other mobile phones in China. When I dial other mobile phones in China, I get a message saying that I have not purchased IDD service for the phone.

Any ideas why this is the case?

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: 7290 on China Mobile

Welcome to the Stacks Pscarp. I'm not familiar with China Mobile's International Direct Dialing Service. Are you trying to call mobile phones in China from the US or China? I would start by calling China Mobile and making sure you have signed up for the right service for what you are looking to do.

Good luck and let us know how you make out.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Seems like it may be a dialing code issue. Best be is to get support from China Mobile as to the correct codes etc. Seems like it's trying to dial overseas.

However, I can't say for sure. Welcome to pinstack!

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Quote Originally Posted by ljbyar
    Welcome to the Stacks Pscarp. I'm not familiar with China Mobile's International Direct Dialing Service. Are you trying to call mobile phones in China from the US or China? I would start by calling China Mobile and making sure you have signed up for the right service for what you are looking to do.

Good luck and let us know how you make out.
    ha. beat me to this

pscarp13 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks, I'll check on the dialing codes.

And yes, I am just dialing local phone numbers in China. I can dial local land lines without a problem but I cannot dial local mobile phone numbers.

anawrahta no está en línea Stack level 1

Lightbulb Re: 7290 on China Mobile

Hi,

I'm having the exact same problem with my 8100. However I think I know the solution, I just can't figure out how to implement it. I get the IDD problems only when the I call numbers that were missed calls, or they are stored in my address book. When you call a number that is a missed call, or a number from your address book, the phone adds the PLUS sign (+) to the dial at the beggining of the number. When I input a number directly into the phone and dial, it doesn't add the plus sign, and the call goes through no problem. My assumption here is this is similar to what is happening with you. I am on China Mobile on the 2GO plan or something like that. If anyone knows how to get the phone to stop adding the + sign to the dial so I could try and experiment and see if that makes a difference, that would be great!

priliu no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    203dbe85

I am a chinese and use 7100v and also I am the biggest BB saler in my city, my English is not so well but I know this problem quite clearly! It's very easy to solve it!
    enter "call log" --"options"--"smart dialing"--"country code" to "unknown"!
    that's ok!

all BB in China used should change country code to unknown, it's not the problem with China Mobile and if you call them ,they also don't know it for BB is not saled in China formally!

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Quote Originally Posted by priliu
    I am a chinese and use 7100v and also I am the biggest BB saler in my city, my English is not so well but I know this problem quite clearly! It's very easy to solve it!
    enter "call log" --"options"--"smart dialing"--"country code" to "unknown"!
    that's ok!

all BB in China used should change country code to unknown, it's not the problem with China Mobile and if you call them ,they also don't know it for BB is not saled in China formally!
    Thanks for the tip Priliu! I'm sure this will help a lot of people.

Welcome to the Stacks.

reubenirving no está en línea Stack level 1

it's not "i am a chinese" (it's i'm chinese)