Hi.I recently upgraded my bb to 4.1 from 4.0. I could not install google talk ... General Blackberry forum

nzube no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23c63ed8

7290 cant download applications

Advertisement

Hi.I recently upgraded my bb to 4.1 from 4.0. I could not install google talk or yahoo messenger which I have icons of when I paid for the bb service.I get the message"The IT Policy does not allow downloading third-party applications."
    I also can't download any other applications. When I upgraded I managed to install opera, imhere lite & curling challenge. However ther are no icons to load these applications though when I go to the application options it shows that they are installed.
    Also is it possible to load desktop 4.3 on my 7290

Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by nzube View Post
    Hi.I recently upgraded my bb to 4.1 from 4.0. I could not install google talk or yahoo messenger which I have icons of when I paid for the bb service.I get the message"The IT Policy does not allow downloading third-party applications."
    Remove the IT policy. Do a search here at Pinstack for instructions, it's eezy to do.
    I also can't download any other applications. When I upgraded I managed to install opera, imhere lite & curling challenge. However ther are no icons to load these applications though when I go to the application options it shows that they are installed.
    Hold the alt key and click the trackwheel, and choose "Show All" and see if the icons appear. Also, the IT policy may be preventing them from showing.
    Also is it possible to load desktop 4.3 on my 7290
    If you meant on your PC, the answer's yes. 4.3 Desktop Manager works fine for a 7290.
    Last edited by Mark Stone; 06-03-2008 at 07:48 PM.