Is there a driver for my computer for my 7250? I cant get the DM ... General Blackberry forum

joesweeten no está en línea Stack level 1

7250 driver

Advertisement

Is there a driver for my computer for my 7250? I cant get the DM to see my phone and windows cant seem to install it. Can someone point me in the direction of the drivers please. My work gave me this phone with a charger and thats it.

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: 7250 driver

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~If that's all your work gave you then there's probably an Enterprise Activation icon on the Blackberry and after charging it up you need to click that to wirelessly activate it.

your right there is an enterprise activation icon. It wants an email address and password. Is it possible to activate using my home outlook address AND my work outlook address? The reason why I have the BB is because my work involves some on-call stuff. When a major problem happens I get an email page that is from work.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

The driver should install along with Desktop Manager. It should recognize your BB as soon as you plug it in.

Takeshi as soon as I plug the BB into the computer windows goes through its process of finding new hardware and asks me for the driver and all that stuff. Since I dont have a driver I let it try to install it itself and it doesnt work. When I start up the desktop manger on the bottom it says disconnected and online. Im not sure but I think the first one refers to the phone not being connected and the second one refers to desktop manger itself?

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

i tried all four usb ports i have. windows sees that it is a black berry device and looks like it is installing something in the drivers folder but at the end it says that it cant be installed. I also have an LG phone that i use bitpim to transfer stuff back and fourth to. Is there some kind of homebrew program for black berry or other smart phones?

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Have you checked your device manager? Rollback the driver, or uninstall and reinstall if it is already installed.

good news!!!.....sorta. i was using DM 4.1 and i couldnt connect. I uninstalled 4.1 and installed 4.2. Now I can connect to my BB but when I choose media manager i get this error "The connected Black berry device does not support transferring media files. Verify that the blackberry device software version is 4.2 or later installed." how do i check that? how do i upgade it if i have to?

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Now I am facing a new problem. Well since I know my computer can connect with the BB I uninstalled DM 4.2 and reinstalled DM 4.1. I got my BB to connect and I thought everything was golden. I tried to send some themes to it and I couldnt get them to work. So I searched and searched these great boards and I think I may have nailed down where my problem is. My OS on my phone is 4.0. Is that going to be a problem? I am pretty sure that I was doing the theme transfer right. There were 4 files total 2 cod and 2 alx (i think) files. When I go into themes nothing is there. But when I go into applications i see the theme reader and the theme.
    *EDIT*
    Nevermind everyone I just found this "From the homescreen, click on options and scroll up to about. Click your trackwheel and you will see the information on your phone. If you see where it says v4.1.x.xxx, you are in luck, you have 4.1 already on your phone. If you see v4.0.x.xxx...well...Sorry, you are out of luck...You can't get custom themes on your phone.....JUST KIDDING!" Since this is my work phone I better not upgrade the OS without permission and since this really isnt going to improve my daily work i dont think they will go for it. If they do however I will be back. Thanks cp6169 for all your help and not flaming me for dumb questions.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I don't remember what OS that model originally came with as I don't have much experience with full keyboard devices anymore (I believe 4.0). Therefore, I'm unable to answer your question about what the latest OS it can support is.

But what I do know is that you will need Plasmic Theme Reader to view themes from OS 4.0 to 4.1. OS 4.2 does not require the reader.

sorry I didnt make it clearer. When I said there were 4 files for the theme I meant 2 for the theme and 2 for the reader.

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~