Correction to my subject line. It is a JVM error 523 NOT 532 Yesterday I ... General Blackberry forum

oh-crap no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    318B3A14

7130e With JVM error 532

Advertisement

Correction to my subject line. It is a JVM error 523 NOT 532

Yesterday I started getting this error on my phone. It started when I powered down my phone... it just froze up and would not power down, I pulled the battery and re-installed then got the 523 error.

Tell me if this seems like a coincidence or if it could be my problem.

My wife purchased two of these devices http://www.sharperimage.com/us/en/ca...uct/sku__VR401
    She plugged hers into her RAZR and said it did not work. After that her battery would not hold a charge for a whole day, we purchased a new battery and it have not used this device on her phone. Like a dummy I tried mine on my 7130e when my battery was real low. It seemed to drain my battery the rest of the way after 45 min. of use. I said to heck with the stupid thing and charged it like normal. Every thing seemed fine till the 523 error which was about 4 days span. BUT the error came when my battery was very low. The error comes up right after the phone boots up so you cannot navigate at all. I did however get it to power down normaly right after it booted up. I then charged the battery while it was powered down and it fired up and worked for most of the day. I shut it down last night as I normally do and this problem is back but now I cannot do anything, it gives me the error as soon as it boots up. I HAVE NOT RECENTLY INSTALLED THEMES OR 3rd PARTY APPS.

Could this be the battery after using that POS battery charger?

Can I re-install the OS with it erroring out all the time?
    Last edited by oh-crap; 01-04-2008 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Typo on error number

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

Re: 7130e With JVM error 532

Based on BlackBerry's support site this is the answer:

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Problem

The BlackBerry smartphone displays the following error message:
    JVM 523

Resolution

Download and install the latest version of BlackBerry® Device Software on the BlackBerry smartphone
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Either re-install your OS or see if your carrier has an updated version.