Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So I have had my curve for about 6 months. Before this I had my ... General Blackberry forum

curve247 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASK

6 Month Itch

Advertisement

So I have had my curve for about 6 months. Before this I had my pearl for about 6 months. Then my 8830 for about 6 months. Then my 8703 for six months. Then my 7250 for six months.

See a trend? I get a new BB about every six months. But there arent any new ones out for sprint and it will be another 3-6 months before one comes out. So today I switched back to my pearl for a change.

Just seeing if I am crazy. Anyone else get that itch to switch devices even though your other one is still in perfect mint condition?
    "T-Dub"
    T- Mo: BB 9700, 8900, 8220
    Sprint: BB 8330, 8830, 8130, 8703, 7250

But there's a beautiful view of the end of the world from the pier.....

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    I always want the latest gadgets about 3 minutes after I just bought the latest one!

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I switch phones honestly every month lol well not right now with that situation but yeah i like to stay on top of the new gadget releases and all so i understand where youre coming from

malejko no está en línea Stack level 2
    I call you all crazy... this 8900 is my first 'new' phone in like 5 years. To date the phones have either been too expensive, or haven't had the features that I wanted. So I was patient and waited.

Although it's people like you that keep the economy rolling. Keep buyin' dem phones! LOL

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Every year since 2005 for me LOL

Seems like I get a new BB due to defects in a previous one, or I just splurge for a new device.

Since 2005, I have had the following BB's:

2005: 7100t
    2006: 7105t
    2007: 8100
    2008: 8120
    2009: 8220 (MAYBE as a gift to myself)

Just a thought Ranxoren......Who keeps 400 blackberries in 1 travel pouch?
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by SVT Cobra View Post
    Just a thought Ranxoren......Who keeps 400 blackberries in 1 travel pouch?
    Its my BAG lol its weird to explain. I have everything in it. Plus sometimes i have to present them to clients so its good to have the BB my company carries

Lightbulb No Brains here...

Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    Its my BAG lol its weird to explain. I have everything in it. Plus sometimes i have to present them to clients so its good to have the BB my company carries
    I fully understand, I was j/k.
    Besides, I ALWAYS keep my brain in several places so I don't lose them all at once.
    (but i am missing 99% of them)
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

jchapman01 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24a51ff4
    The problem that I have is that being in wireless sales and handling every phone made for AT&T on a regular basis, phones start to lose their value. I tend to forget that phones like the the Bold costs $650 at retail. After a while I get bored with the phones when I learn everything I can about them. Then I want the next greatest phone and even on an employees discount, I don't have the money to buy the bold or it's price equivelent every three to six months. And the standard flip dumbphone isn't gonna cut it anymore!

malejko no está en línea Stack level 2
    I guess I just don't get bored with a phone until the capabilities of the phone don't meet what I want or need to do with it; then I just get envious of other phones that have what I want... and so long as they're not $650, I buy them. Well; if it's still a brand new phone, I just sign up for the contract and get it for cheap. Not like I'm going to switch carriers any time soon; and the phone I pick is chosen to last at least that long unless something tragic happens.

But I'm just.. different apparently. LOL

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    What is the secret to limiting yourself to less than a phone a week? Yes, tragically that's my average over the last 24 months.....
    Obviously my inventory contains far too many phones as I rarely sell them. They are worth more to me than their depreciated resale value.
    What's a phone addict to do?
    Heh.....

~via BlackBerry Smartphone~

curve247 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    so its not bad that I am half tempted to switch to ATT or Verizon just for a new phone.

I have been with sprint for almost 7 years, and there are no new phones. I would almost switch just for a new berry.
    "T-Dub"
    T- Mo: BB 9700, 8900, 8220
    Sprint: BB 8330, 8830, 8130, 8703, 7250

But there's a beautiful view of the end of the world from the pier.....

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I got my 8130 then 6 months later got my 8330, been craving a new device for a while now. But I'm waiting to see what happens with the verizon/alltel merger. If signal quality and customer service are good then I may stay, if not then I will maybe try another carrier when my contract ends in Sept. Wow, Sept is so far away......my BB will be ancient by then, 15 months old
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional
    My wife hates it and does not understand it, but i'm in the same boat.......I've always got the itch, if i'm not changing it up i'm talking about the newest one coming out and how I NEED one of them. lol

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    I got my 8130 then 6 months later got my 8330, been craving a new device for a while now. But I'm waiting to see what happens with the verizon/alltel merger. If signal quality and customer service are good then I may stay, if not then I will maybe try another carrier when my contract ends in Sept. Wow, Sept is so far away......my BB will be ancient by then, 15 months old
    At least you have a choice of carriers, Az. I've already found out that I'm limited to Alltel or Verizon (maybe Sprint?) here if I want decent signals. The GSM carriers' coverage here is too "spotty" to use as my main carrier. Maybe it's all the hills and trees.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast