Well last night, I noticed that ATT’s latest software comes glitched as I have noted ... General Blackberry forum
507 Error Incident
Well last night, I noticed that ATT’s latest software comes glitched as I have noted twice already. I own a Blackberry Torch 9800. It works fine, however there is a bit of an annoyance when you open the text messages inbox. It moves the date below and looks all funky. Well that annoys me. No biggie; the updated .448 OS fixes that issue, yet .448 has an issue with my works outlook. I will deal with that since I hardly check my email via the web
My issue begins with Using BBSAK. I have used it before to do a wipe. No big deal there. My issue began after the first wipe. Nothing happened. So I did it again, then I went into apploader and it would not recognize the phone. First I thought was the vendor.xml. So I deleted it and it would still not detect it. I played around with BBSAK again and now even BBSAK would not detect my phone.
The phone had the screen with the 507 error. I tried Blackberry Manager and it said that no device was detected. I then removed the battery from my phone and connected it and tried to read the phone. This worked a bit, yet it wanted me to upgrade to what was there. I ignored it and when I tried to reload. It said for me to plug in my phone. BBSAK again said the same thing.
Blackberry Manager now said that it could not find the phone and that it was not connected. Odd I thought to myself. Did I just brick my phone? No, because it wants to load the OS and try to run. It boots up fine then jumps from 75% to 100% with the 507 error.
My findings are as follow to solve this issue for anyone who has come across it. I have come across it before, but it was nothing Apploader could not fix. Well here is the deal
I had to go into the Apploader and when it ran, only documents’ to go appeared as an install. I clicked on it and would hit next and do the advanced tab to try and reinstall everything. Then it would not do anything. So what I did was go into the Actual Loader files. It should be in the common files/RIM/loader I think. I would have to double check.
Anyways I went in there and selected All the ALX files. I then installed them and waited for it to reboot. Now it would stay stuck. I did a power cycle multiple times and nothing. Ok, so here is my discovery.
I reloaded Apploader and guess what? It now recognized my phone Fine, it then let me reload the OS and now it works fine. Just an FYI if you ever come across this particular Issue. I have not come across anything like this and even though I have insurance and guaranty on the phone. I wanted to get my phone working since this posed a challenge and I wanted to solve the issue myself rather than go the easy way out. Besides my phone is unlocked and I don’t want to wait around for a phone.
I hope this helps people who want to fix their own phone or have come across the same issue. Thanks
Last edited by chuckymafia; 03-02-2011 at 01:28 PM.
Wow, what a pain! Never seen anything like that before. Glad you got it all figured out!
Yeah, that kind of stuff happens sometimes when you take the unnecessary extra step of doing a wipe lol. Glad you got it all figured out, and hopefully this post will help someone else who has the same problem.
That is why I decided to write the article. lol I was like, hmmm. I am very technical and can figure things out, now imagine someone who isn't and their phone may not be under warranty. It's for those who may not have an easy way out and maybe out of a phone.