Does anyone out there know the wiring pinouts for the standard handsfree headset? I'm fed ... General Blackberry forum

johnslhk no está en línea Stack level 1

4-Pole pinout schematic for BB Headset

Advertisement

Does anyone out there know the wiring pinouts for the standard handsfree headset? I'm fed up buying car kits each time I change phones. The Nokia CK-7W with bluetooth flexibility bought the last time is incompatible with my Pearl, so I am going to try modify an old Nokia car kit?

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Love my Pearl

phidauex no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: 4-Pole pinout schematic for BB Headset

I THINK this is it... But I'm not 100% sure.

http://pinouts.ru/CellularPhones-Nok...t_pinout.shtml

Peace,
    sam

johnslhk no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: 4-Pole pinout schematic for BB Headset

Thanks but this is not it, as your diagram shows this is for a Nokia, the reason I know it is not this is that a nokia wired headset won't work on the Pearl, I have discovered since posting that the Pearl and Motorola seem to be the same but can't find the pinout for Moto?

Is it likely it is as simple as swapping the two mics for the speaker connections?

Thanks for your time though

jazzyman no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry Storm Pinout

Hi - I'm not sure about previous BBs but for the Storm (9530/9500) I've confirmed that it's as follows:

Tip - L speaker
    Ring 1 - R speaker
    Ring 2 - Mic in series with 1k resistor to ground. Push button in parallel
    Sleeve - Ground

I've been trying to build an adapter to a custom headset I'm building and this worked. I actually used 1.5k R and that worked fine, will probably through a small cap in for debouncing

jazzyman no está en línea Stack level 1
    Oops sorry I should clarify that:

TIP - Left Speaker
    Ring 1 - Right Speaker
    Ring 2 - Mic
    Sleeve - Ground

Also, from Ring 2 to ground there is a 1k resistor, as well as the pushbutton in parallel to the resistor.

There's probably a small cap in there too (maybe 10nF) but I built an adapter for a special headset I have and didn't use one, it works fine. I also used a 1.5k R b/c that's all I had and it worked.

Anything less than 1k will NOT WORK and will short the mic. Anything larger than 1.5k will reduce the speaker volume for some reason, I dunno how RIM routed the audio internally.