Just curious, Anyone who's used both 4.5 and 4.6 OSs... how different (improved?) is the ... General Blackberry forum

joninatl no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    247cdc4a

4.5 and 4.6 browsers

Advertisement

Just curious,
    Anyone who's used both 4.5 and 4.6 OSs... how different (improved?) is the BB Browser?
    ________
    Carpe Carne
    (seize the beef)

donte54 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I'm using the bb 8120 and to be honest, I havent really noticed a difference.

donte54 no está en línea Stack level 1
    opps!.....and i'm using os 4.5

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I actually dislike the 4.6 browser - at least in terms of viewing PinStack. No matter what I have it set on (page or column view), it requires lots of scrolling right to left as well as having to zoom in to actually be able to read the text! It renders the page in a more accurate way - ie more like desktop browser, but that's not what I want on my small BB screen! I guess the best thing to compare it to is OperaMini. I only used OperaMini for a couple of days and then removed it for the same reason (so if it's improved recently, I can't say).

So I guess the bottom line for me is that it looks really good, but isn't as useful.

I liked the old way of viewing PinStack on my BB and if anyone can tell me how to do that in 4.6, I'd be very appreciative!

peterthill no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    281860C8
    Quote Originally Posted by gritsinct View Post
    I actually dislike the 4.6 browser - at least in terms of viewing PinStack. No matter what I have it set on (page or column view), it requires lots of scrolling right to left as well as having to zoom in to actually be able to read the text! It renders the page in a more accurate way - ie more like desktop browser, but that's not what I want on my small BB screen! I guess the best thing to compare it to is OperaMini. I only used OperaMini for a couple of days and then removed it for the same reason (so if it's improved recently, I can't say).

So I guess the bottom line for me is that it looks really good, but isn't as useful.

I liked the old way of viewing PinStack on my BB and if anyone can tell me how to do that in 4.6, I'd be very appreciative!
    Full Ack!

Peter who wants also the 4.5 browser on his Bold...

pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me.
    Quote Originally Posted by gritsinct View Post

Can you change your emulation mode in Browser Configuration?
    dcrin3.com
    One Second Coming
    1s-
    Tour - 9/6/9 | ~3pm

dallas1125 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    Yeah, it gives you Firefox, IE, and BB as emulation options, BB works best. 4.6 and 4.5 both have there strong points. 4.6 no longer gives you that cursor malfunction that 4.5 had but as it has been mentioned you have to scroll every where....

Its all opinion, I guess we cant have it all perfect.