If I upgrade from a 4.2 will I lose all my apps that I currently ... General Blackberry forum

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional

4.2 to 4.5 or 4.6

Advertisement

If I upgrade from a 4.2 will I lose all my apps that I currently have now????
    I am very scared to do so, I love what I allready have.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    Normally in an upgrade you will not lose your apps as the Desktop Manager makes a copy of your BB before the upgrade and puts everything back. However this does sometimes mean you have to re-register the apps. There is also the possibility that something could go wrong with the restore and you would lose the apps and have to re-install.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

Well that's no good, cuz my hard drive is in the shop as we speak, it won't come on anymore.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    You have to have a PC to upgrade your BB. You need to install the OS on the PC, then hook up via Desktop Manager. No PC, No upgrade.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

Well I have to get my hard drive fixed or get a new one, my wife and daughter I blame for its downfall.