Does anyone know how to I get the 4.2 OS version for my BB8700c? I ... General Blackberry forum

jaime1202 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question 4.2 OS?

Advertisement

Does anyone know how to I get the 4.2 OS version for my BB8700c? I downloaded the new desktop software and I went to use the Media Manager and it said that my phone is not compatible because it is running 4.1 ..? Thanks =)

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

Re: 4.2 OS?

Quote Originally Posted by jaime1202
    Does anyone know how to I get the 4.2 OS version for my BB8700c? I downloaded the new desktop software and I went to use the Media Manager and it said that my phone is not compatible because it is running 4.1 ..? Thanks =)
    4.2 OS for the 8700c is not available yet, the media manager function within Desktop Manager 4.2 is for BBs with SD cards

jaime1202 no está en línea Stack level 1

Do we know when the 4.2 OS will be released? And how would I even find it? I searched the BB site for OS software and couldn't find it.

As for this SD business... I assume the 8700c isn't compatible? Or is it? If so.. I'd really like one...

Thanks!

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

Quote Originally Posted by jaime1202
    Do we know when the 4.2 OS will be released? And how would I even find it? I searched the BB site for OS software and couldn't find it.

As for this SD business... I assume the 8700c isn't compatible? Or is it? If so.. I'd really like one...

Thanks!
    From what my RIM rep said the 4.2 OS for the 8700c should be out fairly soon, and you will be able to download it from here when it is available:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...E4F82F9F00E7D4

The Blackberry Pearl (8100) and the 8800 are the only available Blackberry models with microSD card slots in them.

sgtgarcia no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Along the same lines, do you have to wait until your provider offers the new upgrade? Like 4.2 for sprint 8703e?