From what I have heard, phones with 3G are just awesome when surfing the web. ... General Blackberry forum

terrapin no está en línea Stack Pro

3G or Not??

Advertisement

From what I have heard, phones with 3G are just awesome when surfing the web. I do a lot of this and have always been disappointed with my Curve's performance in this area - Load times are excruciating. How much truth is behind this 3G praise and why aren't T-Mobile's phone equipped with this? Seems like almost every ATT phone I would get has it already...

TorturedNacho no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    208EB87C
    After talking with some of the TMOBILE people. I learned that TMOBILE actually had 3g lines before anyone else. However there lines ran under the WTC and the goverment Seized the lines after 9/11 . So Tmobile had the option about 6months ago to actually BUY the lines BACK FROM the goverment. so they have the lines now.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    3G does seem to be faster than edge connections. Does it live up to the hype? Not sure, I don't think my edge connection is that bad, but I don't have much to compare it to. Just some other phones I've used with 3G.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

TorturedNacho no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    208EB87C
    The Voice Quality and Connection Stability is 10x Better then anything anyone has ever been on ....Unless they are on 3g now =P ..
    Tmobile people would be better off waiting atleast another 5/6months before getting a new phone from them
    Tmobile's Phones now wont be 3g Compat Unless Bolds that Tmobile will have at the end of Aug Beginning of Sept.

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    My EVDO is fast. One channel for voice an one for data. Can't get much more stable then that. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

kennedy_84 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    302403B0
    you are using CDMA2000 so your EVDO IS 3G Leetneo, most new BB on CDMA are 3G...thats the one thing we have over the GSMers. "CDMA2000 is a hybrid 2.5G / 3G technology of mobile telecommunications standards that use CDMA, a multiple access scheme for digital radio, to send voice, data, and signalling data (such as a dialed telephone number) between mobile phones and cell sites. CDMA2000 is considered a 2.5G technology in 1xRTT and a 3G technology in EVDO" From wikipedia. Full article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CDMA2000

PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    Quote Originally Posted by kennedy_84 View Post
    you are using CDMA2000 so your EVDO IS 3G Leetneo, most new BB on CDMA are 3G...thats the one thing we have over the GSMers. "CDMA2000 is a hybrid 2.5G / 3G technology of mobile telecommunications standards that use CDMA, a multiple access scheme for digital radio, to send voice, data, and signalling data (such as a dialed telephone number) between mobile phones and cell sites. CDMA2000 is considered a 2.5G technology in 1xRTT and a 3G technology in EVDO" From wikipedia. Full article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CDMA2000

Thanks for coming out~! It was just a statement there turbo, calm down, be eazy dawg....

PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    Hey ken, how u like that junk telus pearl?

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    I have several 3G phones. Yes in some cases the voice quality is improved. However if you have a good GSM phone, with a good signal the difference is less than substantial. The 2nd area is when browsing the web, & this is where 3G does indeed make a big difference.

That's my experience. Personally I'm very eager for 3G BlackBerrys.

via: Red BB 8310
    (soon via: Bold)
    (wap.pinstack.com)~

kennedy_84 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    302403B0
    Quote Originally Posted by Leetneo View Post
    Hey ken, how u like that junk telus pearl?
    Its not to bad, it is my first BB so i really dont have anything to compare it to. I want a bigger screen and a full keyboard, i was going to get the curve but the pearl was free.