I have ordered the Curve and my husband is taking over my pearl, can I ... General Blackberry forum

team_mom no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

2 different BBs - 1 computer

Advertisement

I have ordered the Curve and my husband is taking over my pearl, can I sync both on 1 computer? I am using Vista and have set him up with a separate profile on the computer. I didn't know if I could load 2 different DMs or not

Thanks in advance.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    My wife has the pearl and I the Curve we each have our own profile and haven't had an issue at all. Hope this helped backs up mine on my profile and hers on her profile.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by team_mom View Post
    can I sync both on 1 computer? I am using Vista and have set him up with a separate profile on the computer.
    The real key here is to have the two profiles on the computer as you have. With that you will have no problem. Each BB will sync just fine.

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck
    As bad as i wanted to go that route with my wife. I didnt because its nice for me to know what she has to do for the day and also the same from her perspective. So, yeah, we share the same phone book, and calendar, but its no biggie for us. Also on our pcs we only have two profiles: ours (admin) and guest.

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Just setup another Email profile and have DM prompt you for what Profile to use when it starts...

I have done this in the past....but it's by far not the correct way to do it....Like others have said....create 2 different computer profiles...

if your worried about what she does and goes...just set a password for her profile and make it so she can't change the password....
    The young man knows the rules, and the old man will enforce them!

as for accounts...just go to CONTROL PANEL>USER ACCOUNTS> create a new account

Coming from a IT Administrator, you never want to see people use the default Administrator account or the Guest account

thats like leaving your keys in your running with the windows down when you go into the store....

Please people....create accounts....put passwords on your system...if you got a wireless network.....lock it down...but a firewall.....

it's unprotected systems like this that allow for hackers to steal your identity and gather your personal info...

trust me....I am a Certified Ethical Hacker ( CEH Certified ) by my company....I get paid to try and hack my companies entire network.

PIN/ID
    skdck
    In the work environment, yes, but at home I don't use the default admin account, but my account is in the admin group. I hate having multiple accounts, also, have two accounts between my wife and me leaving my account open and hers open is a resource hog, especially when its not necessary. Also, I would never store my personal info on my work PC. If you get fired today, the info on the PC is their property. And its not too hard to get access to files, an admin just have to take ownership. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Hustle View Post
    In the work environment, yes, but at home I don't use the default admin account, but my account is in the admin group. I hate having multiple accounts, also, have two accounts between my wife and me leaving my account open and hers open is a resource hog, especially when its not necessary. Also, I would never store my personal info on my work PC. If you get fired today, the info on the PC is their property. And its not too hard to get access to files, an admin just have to take ownership. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    In my Network the Default Administrator account is diabled....its the first point of attach...

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by team_mom View Post
    I have ordered the Curve and my husband is taking over my pearl, can I sync both on 1 computer? I am using Vista and have set him up with a separate profile on the computer. I didn't know if I could load 2 different DMs or not

Thanks in advance.
    I didn't see anyone say it but you don't need but 1 DM for this. I sync 3 BB's (8100, 8120 and 8320) with the same DM all the time.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    skdck
    Yes just allow everyone who use the pc to use DM.it ask you that during installation. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~