Hi guys, I'm curious why the browser on my 8703e doesn't autorefresh. For example on ... General Blackberry forum

bottomsup no está en línea Stack level 1

2 browser questions

Advertisement

Hi guys, I'm curious why the browser on my 8703e doesn't autorefresh. For example on this site when I come back the same recent posts show, but if I manually refresh I then see the new ones. Is this the default to save bandwitdth or something?

2nd Q does the browser store pages in cache? I sometimes notice when I hit the del/back key the page reloads instead of being instant, but sometimes it is instant. Maybe I need to resize the cache?

Great site BTW TIA!!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: 2 browser questions

bottumsup welcome to pinstack!
    i have to refresh the threads here too, as well as a couple of blogs i like to read. dunno why...but others have reported the same thing. someone more technical can prolly explain the 'why'...
    yes, the browser does save to the cache. you can clear it by going to menu>options>cache operations while you are in your browser.

bottomsup no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~thanks, so is the refresh thing default bevavior or only on some sites? I haven't used this thing enough yet ;-)

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

yeah unfortunately it is a royal pain at times... The other thing that you can do is clear the cache before you go to a site, which is what I do

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

bottomsup, Welcome to PinStack.

It is not the default function on the BB, but is specific to certain types of sites. Some work fine, and some, like the PinStack Wap access, require a refresh.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles