So I have an 8700c for my work (BES) and I just picked up a ... General Blackberry forum

mobilehavoc no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23ec80a2

2 Blackberries on 1 Desktop - 1 BES and 1 BIS!

Advertisement

So I have an 8700c for my work (BES) and I just picked up a 8100 for personal use on regular BIS.

So anyway, I want to be able to sync both Blackberries with my Lotus Notes at work for Contacts/Calendar,etc.

My biggest concern is that my Corporate IT policy dissallows 3rd party apps,etc. and I'm afraid the second I plug-in my Pearl into the Desktop Manager at work it'll install that IT Policy onto my Pearl and that I definitely don't want.

One option I was thinking of was to...

When connecting the 8700c to Desktop Manager - make sure it's in online mode (connected to Lotus/BES)

When connecting the 8100 to Desktop Manager - make sure it's in offline mode (disconnected from Lotus/BES)

Will this stop from my Pearl registering on the BES and downloading all the IT policy crap?

Does Desktop Manager even support syncing two Blackberries on the same PC? Don't know why it wouldn't work but like I said, my main objective is to ensure that my Pearl doesn't replace my 8700c on the BES and doesn't have the restrictive IT Policy installed on it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: 2 Blackberries on 1 Desktop - 1 BES and 1 BIS!

mobilehavoc, Welcome to PinStack.

I'm not really that up to speed on BES and using the desktop Manager when it's connected to one. I don't know what will happen when you respond No to the question it asks about replacing the Current BB with the new one when it detects a different PIN.

I would imagine you could use a personal PC to sync the two, and that way avoid connecting your personal pearl to the BES. It might take a couple of sync cycles to get everything configured and cleaned up.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

dwagman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I have synced multiple BIS blackberries off one pc/desktop manager program. I don't know about BES but it works for BIS. Hope that's a step in the right direction.

David

PIN/ID
    23ec80a2

I was able to successfully sync my 8100 and 8700 on my personal laptop without issue...it seems to create a separate Intellisync user account for each with it's own settings so that's good.

Problem is, since my 8700 is on BES and has wireless Calendar sync, I can't make it sync to my personal laptop and then sync that with 8100. The only way to get my calendar on the 8100 would be to sync both on my work PC or somehow sync my work calendar with my personal laptop which I don't think there's an easy way of doing.

I'm too scared to try and connect my 8100 to my work PC in the fear it'll assimiliate it into the BES IT Policy.
    8100c - Personal on BIS
    8700c - Work on Corporate BES

"Only 10 types of people, those that understand binary and those that don't"

diaz1023 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~is there a way that you could use the dm redirector for your 8100 from your personal laptop and get the info you need, another thing what if you talk to the IT dept they might let you add the 8100 without any policy restrictions, this is something to consider

PIN/ID
    23ec80a2

Quote Originally Posted by diaz1023
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~is there a way that you could use the dm redirector for your 8100 from your personal laptop and get the info you need, another thing what if you talk to the IT dept they might let you add the 8100 without any policy restrictions, this is something to consider
    Sadly talking to the IT dept isn't possible...I work at at a corporation of approx 300,000 employees globally and not sure how many of them are BB users - reaching the Blackberry group in my company is not possible or allowed. End up talking to through some HelpDesk...besides they would never allow the 8100 on their BES.

I guess I'll have to do without Calendar on my 8100 for now until I figure out a way to get it off the 8700c...the only option left is to turn off Wireless Calendar Sync but that's a huge feature on the 8700c to give up.

Dammit...stupid IT policies!
    8100c - Personal on BIS

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Couldn't you turn it off for the time it takes to sync to your home desktop, then turn it back on.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

You can't export this information and then import it into another PC? It seems a bit risky even if you can avoid the IT policy. I mean, one slip and you're stuck.

PIN/ID
    23ec80a2

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    Couldn't you turn it off for the time it takes to sync to your home desktop, then turn it back on.

Rcbjr.
    I'd like to turn off the wireless calendar sync temporarily like you said and then reactivate it but I'm not sure that can be done from the BB itself. If you know a way to do it from the BB then please let me know. So far seems like you have to actually do this from the Desktop Manager software.
    8100c - Personal on BIS