I have an 8830 synched with my pc and it runs on BES. I'm buying ... General Blackberry forum

stansoltz no está en línea Stack level 1

2 BBs (one BES, one BIS) one PC?

Advertisement

I have an 8830 synched with my pc and it runs on BES. I'm buying a 8310 for my wife and want to update the device OS... can i plug it into my pc where the BES 8830 is currently synched? or will it try to swap the device profiles? and will it upload the stup1d BES security settings to the 8310?

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    If your 8830 is synced via BES, what are you syncing your device with on the PC? Your contacts, tasks, email, calendar should be synced wirelessly.

If you are syncing your 8830 with the DM and you hook-up a different device, it will want to use your new device each time and will probably regenerate a new security certificate.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Would it work if he set up another user profile and did it from there? Just a thought.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    If that is an option through DM, then it should work. I never use DM so if that is an option then that should be great.

Or if you mean a new profile on the PC, that would probably be an option as well if he was an administrator on that PC and could do so.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I meant on the pc there isn't that option in DM. I do it for my wifes pearl but since I am not on BES I wasn't sure. I think to be safe that is what I would try.