Recently the province I live in has gone to 10 digit local dialing due to ... General Blackberry forum

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313

10 digit local dialing

Advertisement

Recently the province I live in has gone to 10 digit local dialing due to the addition of new area codes in throughout the province.The problem I am having is, although all my contact numbers are programmed as xxx-xxx-xxxx, I am still getting the warning message that I must dial the 10 digit number. I have a Curve 8330 and a WE 8830. I am having the same problem on both devices.My smart dial settings are:Country Code: +1Area Code: 780National Number Length: 10Use 1 for National Dialing: yesIf anyone else lives in an area which requires 10 digit local dialing, please let me know.. This is damned annoying. I almost want to drive out of town far enough to be long distance just to stop hearing that message.Thanks for any help I can get
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6
    Sir, that sounds like more of a network issue, especially since both phones act the same.

Contact your local reps and tell them the problem you're having, others may be having the same problem as well.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7
    I have 10 digit dialing in my area of the USA. Only diff between my setup and yours is i don't have the area code filled in. Haven't had any issues, but i don't know if dialing pattern would be diff up there in Canada.

penpower no está en línea Stack level 3
    I always put number in 1(area code)XXX-XXXX format into my phone book, it works anywhere in the NA.

TorturedNacho no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    208EB87C
    Same here. all my phone numbers are 1+area+ number. never have a problem

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    I think its a network problem, I have had some ppl that have had the same problem, who's ur carrier??~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Quote Originally Posted by Leetneo View Post
    I think its a network problem, I have had some ppl that have had the same problem, who's ur carrier??~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Telus... I think you're right. I think their notification system is flawed. According to their websites, the message reminding of the need to dial 10 digits is supposed to only play when callers don't dial all 10 digits. Unfortunately, as is usual with Telus, they didn't get it right.After starting this thread I spoke with several cell phone users. They are all experiencing the same annoying issue... Regular and Smartphone users alike.Thanks for all the quick responses.