rpol8052 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!

Advertisement

nice link

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by rpol8052 View Post
    nice link
    Just remember - just because it's released somewhere doesn't mean it's error-free. I've already tried it a couple of times on my 8120 and went back to 4.3.

I'm about to go in for the 3d time, this time on my 8320 to check out the new BIS 2.5 but I've already read of problems from some users...others like it. I guess it depends on your priorities. Good luck.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

sponch no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    25578c8b
    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysbelieve1 View Post
    These steps were already set to "Yes" for me, but I still do not have HTML. Nothing changed for me.

What should I do?
    SB and HRT sent.
    How can I send HRT?

wu-wei no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    CHERS!
    I've found that Empower doesn't seem to play well once accounts are downloading HTML messages (at least on OS 4.5). Also, the viewer portion of AlertMatrix doesn't seem to know what to do with the HTML versions, either.

rpol8052 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    Quote Originally Posted by sponch View Post
    How can I send HRT?
    go to options then advanced options and go down to HOST ROUTING TABLE=HRT..after that hit the menu key and click on Register and thats it

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    In the process of upgrading my 8120 now. Will report back when the upgrade is done.

daburah no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Happened to me, last night started jul 29 like at 10 pm mountain time. Went from EDGE to edge to GSM back to EDGE in the morning today, jul 30 then back to edge. I wasnt stable till prolly 4 or 5 pm. Sucked cause my email was going in when it went to EDGE and i would get 6 emails then back to edge and my phone would kinda wanna freeze. Wack.

phiv5e no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    217F515F

hey guys is this an automatic update thats sent directly to your phone from the blackberry servers or through tmobile or what?? my platform is still 4.2...

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    Your OS will not be upgraded OTA, you will be able to download it from your carriers site when it is ready to be released. You can optionally use a official RIM Release from a different provider such as Vodaphone if the device models match, be aware that you will need to delete the Vendor.xml file prior to loading on your BB

hotfairy87 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    7A40CB17
    t-mobile doesn't know about blackberry software as there up to dates are random and automatic, they can't give you any information about new software up to date you would have to go to blackberry.com, i spoke with a rep, and thats what he said. T-mobile doesn't have enough knowledge to know about blackberry's so why should they sell them if they have no information. They always transfer you to a blackberry support. I think a provider should look into their business and realize why people switch from one to another. it disappoints me that a provider that offers new software should be up to date all the time not just random.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by hotfairy87 View Post
    t-mobile doesn't know about blackberry software .......... T-mobile doesn't have enough knowledge to know about blackberry's so why should they sell them ........... They always transfer you to a blackberry support.......
    This applies to all tech companies. It's a world of specialization and no one can know EVERY product that they sell inside and out. That's why carriers have, and transfer you to, Blackberry support...it's a specialty product. What you're suggesting is that if you have a product you should know everything about it. I think they do the best they can and sometimes it's frustrating because most of us know more about BB's than many of the cell phone reps. Think about the vast, different number of cell phones, and plans, and other products most carriers offer ... and how many of them are different from their competition within the same company.

Think about a company like Best Buy for example. Do you think every sales person should know everything about every product that they sell, even by department, or would you rather have service when you walk in the store?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

OutsideLookinIn no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    XxxXXxxX
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Just remember - just because it's released somewhere doesn't mean it's error-free. I've already tried it a couple of times on my 8120 and went back to 4.3.

I'm about to go in for the 3d time, this time on my 8320 to check out the new BIS 2.5 but I've already read of problems from some users...others like it. I guess it depends on your priorities. Good luck.
    Thanks for the link jblackfish

I'm downloading the 4.5 for my 8320 now... Will report back if I encounter any problems.

PIN/ID
    XxxXXxxX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mezzanine View Post
    I believe the t-mobile users you are referring to are using a beta version of the 4.5 os. I am using the 4.5.0.46 beta and have been able to view html e-mail and add both hotmail.com and live.com accounts to BIS on the t-mobile network. Hope that helps.
    Thanks! I will try this again.

Quote Originally Posted by rpol8052 View Post
    we are not allowed to give links to any OS unless its the official release...you are gonna have to just search really hard for it....sry
    I have and downloading the handheld software 4.5 now so hope it will work. Thanks for the tip

PIN/ID
    XxxXXxxX
    Ok bad news.. I got an "App Error 523 - Reset" after I updated my device software to v4.5 Every time I press "reset" it will go back to that same error message. What did I do wrong? My desktop manager is v4.5 but I check and my device manager is v4.3. Does both have to be v4.5 for to install the device software 4.5? Help!
    Last edited by OutsideLookinIn; 07-03-2008 at 02:25 PM.

PIN/ID
    XxxXXxxX
    Ok I was able to restore back my OS and now using v4.5... One problem though is that it seems like I lost some applications I installed before like Opera Mini, themes, jivetalk and so on... Is there a way to restore them back so I don't have to download them again?

P.S.- Are there themes available for OS v4.5? Blackberry site doesn't offer one for 4.5 yet
    Last edited by OutsideLookinIn; 07-03-2008 at 04:32 PM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast