Hi everyone! I apologize in advance if this is answered elsewhere, I couldn't find the ... Internet (BIS) & email forum

BeriMama no está en línea Stack level 1

setup "push e-mail"

Advertisement

Hi everyone! I apologize in advance if this is answered elsewhere, I couldn't find the answer to my problem in *simple* terms on this forum or in my manual. I am brand new at BB so please bear with me.

I thought I had e-mail setup yesterday, as I was able to check my e-mail on BB 8800. Last nite, I turned it off to save power and now the time is incorrect-BB thinks it is still yesterday and the e-mail inbox is not updated so that I can mannually look for e-mail.

But my biggest challenge is that I need to setup the fastest way to be automatically notified of email aka "push e-mail". I currently have yahoo but will switch to gmail if I need to. Or, can I simply pay for the upgraded yahoo or switch to outlook to recieve auto notification quickly? If ssomeone could just tell me what to do to recive email fastest, it wuld be greatly appreciated.

also, some websites wouldn't allow access to me, but some would. I couldn't even access the BIS setup site where you have to login. Is this normal?

Thank you for your time!

Einherjer no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: setup "push e-mail"

Your carrier should have a blackberry website used to setup emails. Call them to know the url. When it is set up there, it's instant notify on your phone automaticaly(sp?).

oh and welcome to the stacks!

mcgowan08 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

As stated above you need to go to your carrier's blackberry internet service page and configure your email accounts. Regarding yahoo, if you want access to push email to your device you have to upgrade to a pay account, I think you just need the $20 a year plan, that works for me. You might be able to configure other email addresses at the same time and you can also create a blackberry email account for free. As far as internet goes make sure you're tcp settings are correct. I assune you have cigular, go to options/advanced/tcp and enter the following info exactly including CAPS:

APN: wap.cingular
    Username for APN: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    Password: CINGULAR1

Let us know if you have any additional questions. Welcome to the stacks.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

hchai no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Actually your free yahoo account is capable of 'push-email'

http://sites.mobile.yahoo.com/blackberry

Einherjer no está en línea Stack level 5

Hotmail require a premium service to be "push" compatible. I think it's the only one.

jcarter21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f28da1

First off welcome to the Stacks!

you can have any of the free email services pushed directly to your BB (yahoo, hotmail, gmail etc.) Just go to "personal email setup" on your BB and it will ask you for your blackberry login and password. Then you you will need to click "email accounts" and then "add an email account" fill in the feilds (email address that you wish to add, the password to that email and then confirm the password). Click next and you're all set. No need to log into any sites or pay any fees. Simple as pie. Let us kow if you need anything else.

jerrycrabb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

Welcome to the stacks, I hope your email problem has been resolved.
    Build a man a fire and he shall be warm for the night. Catch a man on fire and he shall be warm for the rest of his life!

melerant no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    32C029E1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I had to set filters on my gmail acct. If you ever get one.

BeriMama no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi everyone. Thanks for your responses! I finally got my email to be pushed through yeah! I thought I knew a little about technology, but this BB confuses me. But I do have push working...if only I could get my browser to stop giving me grief, now...
    I have had to manually reset my BB 2 times since I got it a week ago. Tech support at cingular walked me thru it both times when my browser quit working and e-mails stopped coming. I did an experiement and g-mail and yahoo are both very fast and near instant.
    Last edited by BeriMama; 03-27-2007 at 06:45 PM.

jcarter21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f28da1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    What type of grief is your browser giving you?

kunalakajim no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    214EFD7A

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~enjoy thy BB now

Djmarbll no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    219C9716

You might wanna download Operamini as an alternative browser. It browses and navigates a lot faster than the internal browser.