Hi All, I have a BES 4.1 (with all service packs) running on Lotus Domino ... Internet (BIS) & email forum

AndrewGreen no está en línea Stack level 1

Items that won't delete off devices

Hi All,

I have a BES 4.1 (with all service packs) running on Lotus Domino 6.5.1.
    I have about 40 users running on it with Blackberry Pearl 8100.
    When I first setup the devices, everything worked perfectly for the first few months. Now I have quite a few users with mail that will just not delete off the devices. It is strange because it is only for a selected few users. What happens is the little mail icon changes from a little envelope to what almost looks like a folder icon. Once this starts happening on a device, then you cannot delete any new mail items. The only way I have been able to fix the problem is to reset the device completely, and then start again, effetively like giving it to a new user.

One other strange thing is when I send a mail from my Lotus Notes desktop, I receive the message on my device with a little tick icon next to it. These items I can still delete.

It is extremely irritating, because I receive loads of administration messages and alerts from my SNMP and network management platforms which I normally just delete on the device and tell it to delete on my mailbox as well, but now it is all cluttering up the device.

Even if I delete the mail from my Inbox on Lotus Notes client, sync the device with either the Reconciliation, or via the USB cable, the mail does not get deleted off the device.

Has anyone ever experienced this issue, or have any ideas / solutions?

Thanks in advance,

dkozinn no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Items that won't delete off devices

This is a known issue, and I believe that it only affects Pearl users and 8800 users. My understanding is that there was either a patch or a hotfix that addressed this for BES 4.1, although we are still waiting for the fix for the BES 4.0 server (which is what we run in production). I know that the fix for the 4.0.x environment has been pushed back by a few months, but I thought that the 4.1 fixed was supposed to have been released in early May.

If you've got a t-support contract, you might want to consider contacting them and requesting a status for the fix (and letting them know that you're yet another user who has been waiting for a fix.)

I know this doesn't really help fix your problem, but at least you know that you're not alone.