RIM's top 10 BIS support articles: Support - HTTP 400 - Bad Request When you ... Internet (BIS) & email forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Guides: Top Issues for BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS)

Advertisement

RIM's top 10 BIS support articles:

1. Support - HTTP 400 - Bad Request When you attempt to browse to a web site on the corporate intranet using the BlackBerry® Browser on the BlackBerry device, you receive the following error:
      HTTP 400 - Bad Request
    2. How To - Set up a shared BlackBerry Mail Connector This article provides instructions on how to set up a shared BlackBerry Mail Connector.
    3. What Is - Unable to forward a sent message with a BlackBerry Internet Service 2.0 account When you open a sent message and select Reply To All, or you modify the sent message and select Forward, the message fails to send. Additionally, the message appears in the message list with a red X beside it. When you open the failed message, the Message Status field displays the following:
      Unlisted Message Error
      See this article for a workaround to this issue.
    4. What Is - This service only supports Internet Service Provider (POP/IMAP) When you attempt to integrate your Microsoft® MSN® Hotmail® account with your BlackBerry Internet Service™ for T-Mobile® account, you receive the following error:
      This service only supports Internet Service Provider (POP/IMAP) e-mail and work e-mail such as Microsoft Outlook/Exchange and Lotus Domino/Notes. Please try adding another e-mail account.
      See this article for a resolution to this issue.
    5. Known Issues - Hosted email account length for BlackBerry Internet Service 2.0 BlackBerry Internet Service 2.0 requires a minimum of four characters when creating a hosted account. If you attempt to enter less than four characters, you will receive this error message:
      The username entered is invalid. Usernames must be at least 4 characters long.
      See this article for a workaround to this issue.
    6. Known Issues - Service Book database issue When you switch to a different BlackBerry device, the previous service books for your BlackBerry Internet Service account are automatically restored on your new BlackBerry device. Both BlackBerry devices must be running BlackBerry Device Software version 4.1 for this to occur. See this article for a workaround to this issue.
    7. What Is - Email reconciliation features for BlackBerry Internet Service 2.0 This article outlines some of the different email accounts that you can integrate with BlackBerry Internet Service 2.0, and the reconciliation features available with those accounts.
    8. Support - Unable to integrate an Outlook Web Access account You are unable to integrate a Microsoft Outlook® Web Access (OWA) account with your BlackBerry Internet Service account. See this article for a resolution to this issue.
    9. How To - Integrate a Yahoo Mail Plus account with your BlackBerry account This article explains how to integrate a Yahoo!® Mail Plus account with your BlackBerry Internet Service account.
    10. How To - Enable Mail Connector logging This article explains how to enable logging for the BlackBerry Mail Connector.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

Re: Guides: Top Issues for BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS)

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

POP3 vs IMAP

I knew something was wrong when my inbox on my mail account wasn't being reconciled with changes on my BB (read, unread, deleted, etc.).

Logging into my BIS profile, I noticed that my IMAP account was actually listed as POP3 on the BIS. I called my carrier's tech support, which was no help at all.

I contacted my email host, and found that they offer both POP3 and IMAP at the same mail server, but with different ports!

Then I found an article on RIM's site about how to manually enter email account information.

I deleted the account from BIS, then added it again, but purposely made a mistake, and then I was able to get to the fully manual setup of the email account.

The BIS is mostly automated with setting up email accounts. But in my case, with POP3 and IMAP on the same server but with different ports, the BIS got confused and setup the wrong account.

berry-bum no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ #4 above does not contain a workaround. It simply confirms that Hotmail does not work with the T-Mobile BIS.

Motogprc no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32B55019

bum...

sbaker99 no está en línea Stack level 1

Trying to setup email. "I want to add or create an email address" option not available. Only "I want to use a work email account with Blackberry Enterprise Server" and "Skip email setup" options are available.

fraserdd no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hello
    i bought 2 t-mobile blackberry 8100 phones off someone in the UK, im in New Zealand. I'm trying to setup the email function on the 2 phones, but they are registered on the BIS under another carrier, hence unable to set up emails. can you please tell me what i need to do to allow me to set up the email function?

Regards
    Fraser