Blackberry Web Client (BWC) Mail Box Management You can manage your BB mailbox using one ... Internet (BIS) & email forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Guide to: Web Client (BIS) Mail Box Management

Advertisement

Blackberry Web Client (BWC) Mail Box Management
    You can manage your BB mailbox using one or more of the following:
    * Auto-aging
    * Reconciling Wireless Email
    * Using Reconcile Now
    * Purging Deleted Items

Auto-aging
    Auto-aging moves old messages to your 'Deleted Items' folder. Auto-aging can be set for individual folders.

1. On the Home Page, within the BlackBerry Web Client website of your service provider, click the Manage Folders button in the left pane. Items in the different folders are retained or purged to a schedule that you set.
    2. Click one of these folders:
    - Inbox
    - Deleted Items
    - Draft
    - Sent Items
    3. In the Auto Age section, put a check mark next to Auto Age items older than...
    4. In the text box, type a number. For example, 30.
    5. From the drop-down list, select Days, Weeks, or Months.
    6. Click Save and Close. The option is saved. From now on, mail older than 30 days will be moved from the Inbox to the Deleted Items folder.

Reconciling Wireless Email
    You can set whether email messages are deleted from the device only, or from both the device and the BlackBerry Internet Service mailbox during an email reconciliation.

The default for Wireless Email Reconciliation on your handheld is Disabled. Set Wireless Reconcile to Enabled.

1. From the main screen on your handheld, click Messages.
    2. Click the trackwheel and click Options. The Messages Options window opens.
    3. Click Email Reconciliation.

To set Delete On and Wireless Reconcile:
    a. Click the Delete On or Wireless Reconcile option and click Change Option.
    b. If setting Delete On: Click Mailbox & Handheld.
    If setting Wireless Reconcile: Click On.
    c. Click the trackwheel and click Save.

To set Wireless Delete Options in BlackBerry Internet Service website(Setting this option permanently deletes email messages when deleted from the handheld):
    a. Log in to your BlackBerry Internet Service website.
    b. On the Home Page, click Profile.
    c. In the Wireless Delete Options, click permanent deletion.
    d. Put a check mark next to Enable permanent deletion of messages on WebClient when messages are deleted from the handheld.
    e. Click Save. The Permanent deletion of messages on WebClient when messages are deleted from handheld is now Enabled message appears at the top of the screen.

Using Reconcile Now
    When messages are reconciled, any message that you file or delete on your handheld is also filed or deleted on your BlackBerry Internet Service mailbox, depending on how you set your message options.

If wireless email reconciliation is enabled on your handheld, you can reconcile email messages manually with Reconcile Now:

1. From the main screen on your handheld, click Messages. The Messages screen appears.
    2. Click the trackwheel and click Reconcile Now.

Purging Deleted Items
    Messages in your Deleted Items folder are calculated into the total mailbox size. Deleted messages are saved in the Deleted Items folder whitin your BlackBerry Internet Service mailbox. They are not permanently removed unless you do one of the following:

1. From the main screen on your handheld, click on the Messages Icon.
    2. Click the trackwheel and select Options.
    3. In the Message List Options screen, click the trackwheel and select Purge Deleted Items from the menu. All the email messages in the Deleted Items folder are permanently removed.

OR

1. Log in to your BlackBerry Internet Service website.
    2. On the Home Page, click Empty Deleted Items.

All the email messages in the Deleted Items folder are permanently removed.

tweber78 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    214b43dc

Re: Blackberry Web Client (BWC) Mail Box Management

~~~Posted via Blackberry @ wap.pinstack.com~~~

Just as an fyi...

If you use mozzila's firefox browser, the delete button at your bb internet service website, will be grayed out. At least this is the case for Cingular. I have to us Internet explorer.

mundungous no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Blackberry Web Client (BWC) Mail Box Management

Quote Originally Posted by tweber78
    ~~~Posted via Blackberry @ wap.pinstack.com~~~

Just as an fyi...

If you use mozzila's firefox browser, the delete button at your bb internet service website, will be grayed out. At least this is the case for Cingular. I have to us Internet explorer.
    Same for me on Orange UK.

The delete button is grayed out on Safari and Firefox on a Mac using OSX Tiger.

Again, using IE works.

mmullane no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    203ad6b2

Re: Web Client (BIS) Mail Box Management

I just started using BWC with Cingular. My problem is that I live in an 'attachment heavy' environmen & my BWC account is maxing out in less than 1 day.

I don't have a need to read attachments on my BB, is there a way to filter out attachments ? Or looking for other alternatives. I've got a 10mb limit on my BWC account as well.

Thanks in advance !

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: Guide to: Web Client (BIS) Mail Box Management

Quote Originally Posted by hydn

Purging Deleted Items
    Messages in your Deleted Items folder are calculated into the total mailbox size. Deleted messages are saved in the Deleted Items folder whitin your BlackBerry Internet Service mailbox. They are not permanently removed unless you do one of the following:

1. From the main screen on your handheld, click on the Messages Icon.
    2. Click the trackwheel and select Options.
    3. In the Message List Options screen, click the trackwheel and select Purge Deleted Items from the menu. All the email messages in the Deleted Items folder are permanently removed.
    I don't see this on my BB screen and I've got one of my email folders showing (-7) emails and I can't figure out why.

I just tried purging from my account online but there was nothing there to purge and I can't find the option on DM or my BB. Help?

Pulling the battery was the temporary fix.

mcewab no está en línea Stack level 1

Edited, sorted issue.
    Last edited by mcewab; 06-06-2007 at 01:23 PM.

fraserdd no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hello
    i bought 2 t-mobile blackberry 8100 phones off someone in the UK, im in New Zealand. I'm trying to setup the email function on the 2 phones, but they are registered on the BIS under another carrier, hence unable to set up emails. can you please tell me what i need to do to allow me to set up the email function?

Regards
    Fraser