Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I have been trying to set this up so i can use msn but it ... Internet (BIS) & email forum

blitz1704 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DCE051

Re: Guide to: Google Talk...and MSN/Yahoo!/AOL

Advertisement

I have been trying to set this up so i can use msn but it doesn't work me.

Can you help me Lewis?

diesel1218 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32CAA233
    Okay looks like I need help. I downloaded Psi I setup my google talk account in Psi and can login to that fine. I then selected the aim transport and everytime the aim trasport connects it gives me a error that my login and password for AIM are wrong. I dont uderstand this error I am entering the right password and user name.

I get this error:

Authentication Error!
    Incorrect username or password.
    http://www.aim.com/errors/MISMATCH_P...ode=us&lang=en
    Blackberry 8830 WORLD EDITION

Blackberry PIN - 32CAA233

MySpace http://www.myspace.com/andrews9

K.D.Cruz no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23eb06eb

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Hey guys I'm new to pinstack. I'm lost in setting up Gtalk for aim. What is psi? And where can I get it?
    Thanks

dsecan no está en línea Stack level 1

Just wanted to say thanks! This works beautifully!

kenosis no está en línea Stack level 1

do i need to pay money if i use Gtalk or yahoo msgr in my BB pearl?

Nedzalife no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204FB1CA

I have been having issues with this, and it turns out so have other users. As of two weeks ago? the jabber servers that have MSN transports are no longer allowing subscriptions from off-domain jabber accounts. I only started trying to use this method of IM since 02.16.2007.

What ends up happening is, when signing into your gtalk account, the MSN transport no longer signs in automatically, and as a result, does not log you into your MSN account. The only current work around is to keep Psi logged in on your PC, however, if you get disconnected from the MSN transport, only Psi can re-log you in.

Subscribing to a jabber account on that same server that your gtalk account is using for MSN transport DOES NOT resolve the issue.

Has anyone else run into this issue? Has anyone come up with a solution? I love the functionality of using gtalk on my BB for chatting with MSN contacts, but needing to keep my PC at home alive to establish the transport link is a bit of a pain in the arse...

If anyone has some helpful info on how to resolve this (or knows of jabber transport servers that aren't being affected by this issue?) PLEASE let me know.

Thank you!

Nedz

red_bird no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24120ec4

kenosis,
    According to lavagirl, the answer is no. If you are subcribing to a BB data plan through your carrier, you DO NOT pay extra for using Yahoo! msgr. She answered this self-same question for me today, in fact.
    Have fun!

benthabits no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Question Re: Guide to: Google Talk...and MSN/Yahoo!/AOL

Hello, Im the newbie on the block, I have a couple questions about using the yahoo or google talk. I fought with the guy at the AT&T store because what he was saying didnt make sense.....I have the unlimited data & 1500 text messages.... when using google talk it uses the data plan correct? I mean how would it be a text message If Im signing in on the internet?

Can you please clarify what google talk or yahoo uses (text or data)..... I think Im right not the guy at the AT&T store... Help

I also have a question about the built in GPS in the curve....Im heading off to look for a GPS post

Ash07 no está en línea Stack level 3

i downloaded google talk and im trying this procedure listed in this thread but when i go to get the psi client its not goin thru says its taking too long to respond and try again.. is the link still valid nd any other way to get my google talk to add my aim buddies b.c i dont use google im at all but i heard it was good... any help would be great thankz

adagre no está en línea Stack level 1

I still don't quite understand how google talk can know to contact the jabber server? How does this work without having psi open all the time. its working for me but I just am curious to know how it works??

mkestotz no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23C56995
    I to have to deal with att's "awesome" service/support. I've found a girl who works at the at&t store that is 2nd furthest from my house. Worth the drive, to actualy have someone working for you. I have the unlimited data plan also, but a csr when I called 611 , told me txt's were not included. So I had to put another charge on my bill so I can txt. My girl at the store told me txt included in unlmted plan, double checked herself, than took it off my bill.
    My point being it's all who you talk to . Call cus support and get a different answer everytime. My advice find someone competent at a store establish a personal relationship, and you'll be surprised what they can do for ya. Good luck

o1sowise no está en línea Stack level 3

Question

I used the method described in post #1 of this thread. It was fairly easy.

I can now see my AIM buddies thru Google Talk when I visit the gMail website, but i cannot see my buddies via the Google Talk BB app.

I'm sure I've missed a vital step, but cannot figure out what.

marekko no está en línea Stack level 1

Question

same problem here, everything works on Gmail account but not the BB.
    Actually it works on blackberry only when i'm loged into my gmail account on PC. The moment i sign off all the transported contacts go offline :///

any idea how to overcome that ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12