Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

All, Writing here from London, UK. I've just succeeded in seting up my laptop to ... Internet (BIS) & email forum

bulldog007 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: How to: Connect BlackBerry as a tethered modem with laptop to browse the Internet.

Advertisement

All,

Writing here from London, UK. I've just succeeded in seting up my laptop to connect via my new b'berry curve through the O2 network - a UK mobile operator network. It seems connected in all ways, and I can even see data transferring in the Properties of that connection. However, I can't seem to get my laptop to then pull any internet page.

I'm wondering whether I need to put anything into the APN, APN Username and APN Password fields in the Options>Advanced Options>TCP field on the blackberry. Can anyone help?

Someone asked above, whether we have to put <internet APN> in the modem settings literally or whether we need to put in the internet APN settings specific to our network.

Help would be much appreciated. Pretty cool if I get it to work.

lilC2us no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: How to: Connect BlackBerry as a tethered modem with laptop to browse the Internet.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Ok can u verify something for me..do u already have to have an internet service provider before u even start??? Like verizon...aol etc...because I'm really frustrated I can't use my 8703e as a modem

Ok can u verify something for me..do u already have to have an internet service provider before u even start??? Like verizon...aol etc...because I'm really frustrated I can't use my 8703e as a modem

bulldog007 no está en línea Stack level 1

Not sure if you replied to me. But, actually, I called O2 in the UK, and apparently they somehow block the ability to use your blackberry as a tethered modem in the UK. Something about the internet settings of the blackberry on the network. I have to turn to another phone for that.

Thanks anyway

HateMy7290 no está en línea Stack level 1

All you tetherers thinking of using tether overseas- Be careful. For anyone thinking of using this tethering on the bberry overseas, forget it. I was on with "the new ATT" teck support and tethering is not supported internationally unless you get a crazy data connect plan for $130 and that will only get you 100Meg/month.

dragoh no está en línea Stack level 1

I jhave a 8300 and i have done everything, but nothing happends, in the deavice anything says like! thedered moden enable or something

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Successfully connected a TMo Pearl 8100 to my laptop PC to browse. EDGE speeds were almost as fast as if I was using my cable connection. I may finally be able to disconnect my service provider's now.

For TMo users, be sure to add this exactly +cgdcont=1, "IP","wap.voicestream.com" to the extra initialization commands box. Takes less than 10 minutes and works great if you happen to be stuck with no internet service temporarily.

RoryHisel no está en línea Stack level 1

Can you connect a laptop to a BB 8100 via bluetooth?

ccriss07 no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~can I use my 7100i as a tethered modem?

misterg no está en línea Stack level 1

I am running the Curve 8320 on t-mobile as a tethered modem using the USB cable with XP on my laptop, no problem getting the connection to come up, but after some data transfer, the data stops, connection stays in the "connected" state, but no data will transfer. Eventually the browser shows page not found. The problem seems dependent upon the amount of data transfer, for example viewing an internet video on msn causes it immediately. The only way I find to recover is by blackberry battery removal reset. Does anybody have a solution?

andrewd no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24F779B

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Jonathan82 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2459CF67

Re: Updated: Connect BlackBerry as a tethered modem with laptop to browse the Internet.

What is the username/password for AT&T?

Powerlover no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: How to: Connect BlackBerry as a tethered modem with laptop to browse the Internet

My computer doesn't see my BB as a modem. Not sure what I need to do. This was working for me a few months ago, but today i went to connect and it tried to connect through my internal dialup modem. I deleted the connection to redo it and Standard Modem does not come up now.

DriftorX no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me!!

Re: How to: Connect BlackBerry as a tethered modem with laptop to browse the Internet

user name for AT&T is WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM and pass is CINGULAR1

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast