Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Originally Posted by dakine320 Correction T-mobile does not use a un/pw also for GSM networks ... Internet (BIS) & email forum

ryfoster no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: How to: Connect BlackBerry as a tethered modem with laptop to browse the Internet.

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by dakine320
    Correction T-mobile does not use a un/pw also for GSM networks the dialed number is *99#

#777 is cdma
    Thanks for pointing out that correction
    ---
    R. Foster (2 Timothy 2:15)

shergar no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: How to: Connect BlackBerry as a tethered modem with laptop to browse the Internet.

Hello,
    I get a mesaage saying that the connection attempt failed baeacuse the modem on the remote computer is out of order.

In the initial post there are some modem settings:

"at+cgdcont=1,"IP","<internetAPN>"

Do you use this literally or do you need to replace IP with the IP address and
    <internetAPN> with something else?

trecehenrie no está en línea Stack level 1

You rock! it worked for me on Vista!

kunalakajim no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    214EFD7A

any clue about how to set it up for Airtel in India??

bebers1323 no está en línea Stack level 1

i need some help on a 7100i nextel can't seem to get the connection to work. I can connect to DM but it doesn't seem to install a new modem--i have the 56k modem and the standard modem but thats all

espressonaut no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

H-dear,

I'm very much a beginner, but can you tell me where to download the desktop 4.1 softare. I have a CD with the 8800 I just purchased, but I don't see it as one of the files.

Thanks, Ry

xerses247 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    301568e9

Can I do this with vista operating system? ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

fransualover no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23F0ABB7

Hi any baody can give me a hint if 8100c if it is compatible for use on my laptop as a modem i am with cingular and thanks...

wsreynolds no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Cloroxbleach4 no está en línea Stack level 2

Anyway to tether the BB Pearl with Vista?

blairafon no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: How to: Connect BlackBerry as a tethered modem with laptop to browse the Internet

does the blackberry 6280 have a drivers for the built in modem so that i can use i to connect my laptop to the internet? if yes where can i get it?

kumara1982 no está en línea Stack level 1

is it possible to use laptop/system's Internet on the Blackberry 8830 device

cajuneyes no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2405F561

Do you have instructions on connecting Blackberry Curve 8300 to internet via bluetooth or tethering?
    I contacted AT&T for instructions but seems I must have tethering package costing $79.
    Will my ISP (at&t) give me login and password information without subscribing to tethering package?
    Why can connecting via bluetooth not require data package as in tethering?

I am new to the Blackberry world and a lot of information is confusing to me.

N1tr0u543 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32c87f57

I have a few questions. I'm a. Blackberry noob and am computer illierate. Could someone enxplain to me how to tether to a pc running xp pro. Plzzzzz. My email is n1tr0u543@gmail.com. I'd be more than happy to post my results.

snmakf41 no está en línea Stack level 1

I had to exercise a great deal of patience with AT&T and their tech support group to get tethering to work with my 8100c Pearl on my XP laptop, but it now works fine.

I would say that you will have to check with the Blackberry super techs' of your service provider. The average person that you reach when you first call up won't even have a clue of what tethering means.

I orginally used tethering on a TMobile 7100t serveral years ago and I had no problem, so I knew that it had to work with the Pearl.

Not only that, I was able to modify my plan (I do not use BES, only the individual user version) so that I now pay $20 per month more a month to use it and it is something that I can drop at any time. If let's say I went out and got one of the cards, that would have been at least twice the amount, a separate line, not to mention a separate contract that would be locked in for say two years!

The slight trade off in speed between tethering the Pearl and getting a card with all of the extra costs and contractual obligations just was not worth it.

Given that I am an AT&T subscriber, I had to also download the AT&T Communication Manager. There might be some ways of tethering simply using the Desktop Manager, but you will want to check with your provider.

I would strongly recommend getting someone on the phone to walk you through the initial set up. Even if you can navigate to the hard to find documentation and instructions, they can still ultimately save you lots of time. I had two different tech guys on the phone, two days in a row, for a combined total of about 3 + hours trying to get things working! Aside from their software, there are little things that you have to ensure are properly functioning within Windows.

Don't give up on setting it up. I have used it to change flight reservations, upload/download large files, etc. It's just slower than would you would have at home or in the office, but when you're on the road, it's the next best thing.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast