Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~my bb connects under the Verizon software and it shows a connection but ... Internet (BIS) & email forum

spikus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317a9127

Re: How to: Connect BlackBerry as a tethered modem with laptop to browse the Internet.

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~my bb connects under the Verizon software and it shows a connection but when I open windows explorer it says there is no connection. any thoughts I have a 7130e Verizon....and I have been provisioned for tethering

spikus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317a9127

Re: How to: Connect BlackBerry as a tethered modem with laptop to browse the Internet.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~my bb connects under the Verizon software and it shows a connection but when I open windows explorer it says there is no connection. any thoughts I have a 7130e Verizon....and I have been provisioned for tethering

yoskis32 no está en línea Stack level 1

Just got off the phone with Cingular Data Services and found out that, you need to add on an additional Rate Plan for Teathering onto their EDGE network. ..It uses the Cingular Communications Manager software as opposed to a Dial Up Networking Connection.That sucks, but man this speed is soo much better than GPRS...NICE!

dmarcus123 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: How to: Connect BlackBerry as a tethered modem with laptop to browse the Internet

Hi,

I've done all of the above and the results are problematic so far. Computer is definitely talking to the BB and telling it dial #777 but the BB responds by saying via the speakerphone "your call cannot be completed as dialed."

and my laptop says "Error 678: The remote computer did not respond....".

I am using an 8700 with Cingular. Normal browing from the phone works fine.

Can anyone offer help?

Thanks,

Dave

taaustin no está en línea Stack level 2

Awesome stuff - I've been looking for this tutorial, glad it popped to the top

Bukgerwiz no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    USA
    Sick.

mocosoplus no está en línea Stack level 1

can't get it to work, it says that the standard modem is in use

squished18 no está en línea Stack level 3

Has anybody got this to work with Rogers? If so, what number do you dial? None of #777, #99, or #95 work for me.

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

I've gotta try this in the morning! This is why I love pinstack.com!

squished18 no está en línea Stack level 3

I'm assuming by the awkward silence and the chirping crickets that there are no Rogers BB customers that can use the BB as a tethered modem? That is soooo 1990s!

GeoMan no está en línea Stack level 2

My Cingular account is all set up. Has been for months. Cingular (and Hydn and Erica) were very helpful. They charge me an additional $30-35 a month, though. I notice that it works ok although a bit slow at first, but then it really gets very bogged down after awhile. Anyone notice anything similar?

prudent89 no está en línea Stack level 2

Arrow Re: How to: Connect BlackBerry as a tethered modem with laptop to browse the Internet.

Cingular users must sign up for the tethered plan! I set up several people in my company to use their 7290s and 8700s as modems. I ran up an additional $100 charge doing a little testing and one other guy got an additional $500. They are charging us $35 per month over the data plan. I do feel that this should be included in the unlimited data plan but what are you gonna do?

Cingular has made it easier by providing the software that sets the whole thing up. Here's the link to the page telling you all about the service and a link to the download of the software: cingular
    .com/midtolarge/communicationmgr

GeoMan no está en línea Stack level 2

Prudent, what is the $100 and $500 for? My understanding is that my plan is the $35/month over the data plan, and it's for unlimited modem access.

Also, Yoskis back in June talked about using EDGE and the Communications Manager as opposed to the GPRS dial up. I'm using GPRS, am still paying +$35, and getting slow service. Can anyone upgrade to EDGE communications manager?

Browneyess no está en línea Stack level 1

I have the new pearl do i still have to download the 4.1 software first

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Browneyess, No, the 4.1 OS will not run on your Pearl. Do not attempt to install. Just follow the remainder of the instructions and it should work.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast