I have a 7280 with the 4.0 software and im using cellular one in alaska ... Internet (BIS) & email forum

cadetstimpy no está en línea Stack level 1

browser and email without BES

Advertisement

I have a 7280 with the 4.0 software and im using cellular one in alaska (dobson cell service..) if im starting fresh like i just put my sim card in how can i use the browser and email without having to activate my blackberry on an enterprise server? ive tried a couple things but nothing has worked fully yet... if anyone can help that would be like the coolest thing ever!!!!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: browser and email without BES

cadetstimpy, First you have to get a Blackberry Data Plan for your Account from your carrier. Then you have to set up your Blackberry Internet Service account at your Carrier's startup Site. Once you get a gprs or GPRS indication on you Home Screen, you should go to Options/Host Routing Table or Options/Advanced Options/Host Routing Table. Open the menu in that screen and select Register Now. Then you should see your browser icons on the Home Screen.

Hope this Helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

williamk no está en línea Stack level 1

Ok, this might sound like a stupid question but is there anyway for me to use my blackberry 7290 with my school's free wifi to check my email and the like without have the blackberry data plan? Essentially all I have on my blackberry is basic phone service. No data plan, no text messaging. Thank you.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

williamk, Welcome to PinStack.

No, there is no WiFI capabilities on the 7290. Sorry, You will have to have a BlackBerry data plan to get email and access to the internet.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

cat59 no está en línea Stack level 1

Forgive me if this is somewhere else, but I can't find how to remove my email account from my Pearl.

ect104 no está en línea Stack level 1

Is this the same case for Blackberry 8800? I mean in terms of browsing & emailing? I have a Blackberry but it doesn't have a browser & email?

pkonline no está en línea Stack level 1

I have a blackberry 8100g (pearl) and i have a basic voice plan...
    i already have a pop3 email account with my ISP that i want to use with my blackberry...
    Do i specifically need a blackberry data plan or can i just add a mobile data plan and access email manually through gprs like i did with my regular phone??