hi guys. I'm a totaly neewbie so please be patient. Here's my question: I've got ... Internet (BIS) & email forum

rulipl no está en línea Stack level 2

BIS vs. standard gprs data plan

Advertisement

hi guys.
    I'm a totaly neewbie so please be patient.
    Here's my question:
    I've got unlimited gprs activated on my sim. I want to know that if I use this simcard with 7290 I can use web browser? Or maybe I need BB plan with BB APN?
    Otherwise - Can I connect to internet via BB using the same APN as for connecting via wap in my regular mobile phone.

waiting for your support

trinybwoy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240F8984

Re: BIS vs. standard gprs data plan

no you cannot you any blackberry services with out a BES or BIS "plan"...PIN messaging, email, browsing..buut...

the NATIVE browser on the requires service books, which are automatically downloaded when i have BES or BIS...but u can use a third-party program called Opera mini, which uses direct tcp/ip and u can surf the web

mdavex no está en línea Stack level 1

Are you sure that it is possible to use WEB without Data Plan by Opera Mini?????

fulgerul no está en línea Stack level 1

Yeah. Using opera mini you can browse the internet via wap,but u cant enjoy bb email,browser and so on.

zsamone no está en línea Stack level 1

Is their anyone who has been able to download Opera Mini since 2005? All of the inquiries about this download seem to be from years ago. I have been trying to download this applicaton for 3 days, non of which are successful downloads.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

How are you trying to download it? I dl'd the latest version via OTA less than a month or so ago.

Zo

ganns1980 no está en línea Themes Pro
    When I got my BB (T-Mo, 8100) i stayed with the WAP service to see if that would work. No 3rd party applications - Opera Mini v3 and 4 among others - were able to connect. Also, it was very limited WAP browsing. After 12 hours of this, I got the BIS service.

OTA - I got my Opera Mini from wap.getjar.com. DM - go to www.operamini.com.