readers.. URGENT-- I have the blackberry pearl, ever since I got it replaced under warranty ... Internet (BIS) & email forum

ldeaton05 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question 8100 missing browser, email, email setup, (n e thing internet) icons URGENT

Advertisement

readers..

URGENT-- I have the blackberry pearl, ever since I got it replaced under warranty two times ago, I've not been able to have email on my phone. before i was not concerned because i didn't use it but now it wouldn't be so bad to know it is at least accessible. There are no icons for a POP3 email set up. i feel like i don't know what i'm doing anymore. customer service just can't help. (thru tmo)

second issue which is my main issue these days- my internet wasn't recognizing a signal the otherday so i ci2cc and they had me troubleshoot i did everything they told me but then they had me do this new step that i'd never done before. delete the service book "IPPPs at BIBS" now my icon for the browser that wasn't working is no longer there period. so since then i've did a master reset to clear everything and reboot things... i backed up my files before hand. i deleted all applications and reinstalled the old 4.2 point something operating system because i thought maybe the 4.5 i was using was corrupting things. still no icon(s) btw i've sent service books, pulled the battery out, registered at host routing table, all of the necessarry operations when in need of help with the net. ive done these things many times in between each change hoping to fix the device. now i am resulting back to another pearl that i see still has none of these icons so i'm thinking is my sim corrupted..no not possible to mess up the actual blackberry.

anyways need desperately some help. i don't have a home phone to be able to sit and talk to customer care while they screw up my pearl more. i no longer am covered under warranty (long story) and i refuse to buy a new pearl while i patiently wait for the bold or something else to come along.... oh and yes i have insurance that i've carried for 2 plus years and am deciding to opt out because there is no way i am going to pay 100 for a device that is 150, that i've already vested about 100 into. so thats where i'm at with this can someone help pleasse!!

Denisenicole no está en línea Stack level 3
    Even after you wiped there were no icons?

ldeaton05 no está en línea Stack level 2

Thumbs down

yes even after i wiped the handheld..i am so frustrated i dk why nothing is helping...now i've installed 4.5os and it's not accepting it so i'm deleting and trying again....

demyxxx no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    OMG.. ok so i'm having the same issue but it's with my curve.. no help still up till now?? MAN!

ok in a totally unrelated search I ran across this thread where an earlier version of BB was having the same issues and they made some recommendations. http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...r_upgrade.html

Not sure how useful it is, but anything is worth a try at this point it seems. Let me know if any of it helped. I'll continue to keep an eye out for suggestions

demyxxx no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Hey! Thx for the leads.. I'm actually USING my curve now thank u very much!! I'm guessing my sim card was corrupted.. I brought the bb to t-mobz, and told them that I got no icons for the set up email thing, and that my device have not have e-mails being pushed, and they tried popping in a new sim card, registered the device and had the service books sent, and a couple of mins after that was lower case edge, and upper case, then BAM! Out of no where my set up for e-mail icon was there! E-mail's were being pushed onto my curve, and everything works, browser, and my device is properly registered to the BIS again.. I'm SO glad u have NO idea.. I was almost on the edge of abandoning my blackberry.. Well in this case my curve(I was using the 8820 for a couple of days there just to get me thru this horrid times.)

Anyways, I don't know if this would the the same resolve for u to try to get a new sim card, but it certainly worked for me.. I was freaking out there for a bit.. Thinking that this was only happening to me.. Haha! Let me know how it goes!Thx for the leads Denisenicole!!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~