New to BB Pearl...but I am having great difficulty in saving the email address`s of ... BB Best Practices forum

TimShap no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Saving email address

Advertisement

New to BB Pearl...but I am having great difficulty in saving the email address`s of recieved email.
    On the menu I sometimes get "add to address book" and then save but when i go the the address book or try to send or forward an email it doesnt give me a prompt to select a new recipient.
    Additionally how do I down load my email address`s from oulook on my pc to the BB??

Thanks

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Saving email address

When in an email, hit the Menu button and select Add to Address Book. This will copy the email address ONLY to a new (blank) entry for the Address Book. Fill in the rest of the information - you MUST put in at least a first or last name - then Save the entry.

Now, when composing a new email, simply type the NAME - not the email address - you entered above. The address book entry will be shown and selected, as well as one line (two if you're on a BES) above the entry - one being email: which is where you can manually enter an email address, and the second if you're on a BES which is Lookup: where you can search for an entry in your BES's global address book. Hit [Enter] with your choice selected and continue composing your email.
    JerryD

TimShap no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for that however when in an email and hit the menu button I do not seem to have the option to add to address book....although i have seen that comand somewhere!!

Can you advise...

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Welcome to the Stacks Tim.

You need to be in the email, then scroll up and highlight the name you want, click to the menu, and you have to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the menu and
    "Add to address book" should be there.

Let us know.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b