Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The Blackberry in brief Its a phone, inbox, organizer and browser capabilities put BlackBerry in ... BB Best Practices forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Post Guide to: choosing a Blackberry SmartPhone

Advertisement

The Blackberry in brief
    Its a phone, inbox, organizer and browser capabilities put BlackBerry in a league of its own. Here's the top five reasons why you should choose BlackBerry device:

1. Integration
    It's called the all-in-one solution for a reason. All BlackBerry device functions - phone, email, SMS, organizer and browser - are integrated, so you can forget having to memorize numbers or write down addresses. When you click on a URL, phone number or address within an email, your BlackBerry device will launch the web page, dial the number or begin an email to your contact.

2. Ease of use
    The BlackBerry device's sleek, lightweight design allows you to carry it anywhere. Its exceptional battery life lets you do business longer. And its QWERTY keyboard design and trackwheel are familiar and intuitive, so you can send an email or SMS quickly. Straightforward and easy-to-use, BlackBerry makes staying on top of your world simple.

3. "PUSH" Technology

BlackBerry "push" technology ensures your email is automatically delivered to your BlackBerry device. When your inbox receives an email, the message is pushed directly to your device. No effort required - your messages are simply received.

4. Resilience

Finally a wireless device that can hold its own. BlackBerry devices are designed to last.

5. More Life

Battery life, that is. With up to 5 hours talk time and 12 days standby time, BlackBerry devices last as long as you do.
    Hope that helps.

When choosing a BlackBerry, decide before you buy what you’re most likely going to use the device most for.

- 88xx - The Work horse: If you plan to use it more for it's email & messaging capabilities, definitely go with a “standard” BlackBerry (full QWERTY keyboard like the 8800, 8820, 8830 or even the 8700) which all have a broader shape to support your typing.

- 81xx - Sleek and efficient: If you’ll be using it mostly for voice calls, and emails, SMS and messaging secondary, you may want to get the Pearl series BlackBerry (8100, 8110, 8120 8130) which has a more "cell-phone-like" design and feel for heavy voice users and still very capable with all other Blackberry smartphone features.

- 83xx - A bit of both worlds: Remember that the Curve series (8300, 8310, 8320 & 8330) is a merging of the standard work horse Blackberry with the Pearl series. Therefore, we think it's your best choice without compromise for both email and phone functionality. However, bare in mind that if you have big fingers and being able to frequently compose and reply to emails is a critical requirement then the 8800 or 8700 would be your best pick.

- Also note that if you prefer the neat sexy appeal of the 8100 series Blackberries and plan to use your device mostly for email and messaging, 'Suretype' Blackberries are hands down the easiest and most efficient non-qwerty devices on the market!

* NOTE: The 8700's do not support Wi-Fi or built-in GPS.

mister no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Brief guide to buying/choosing a Blackberry

~~~Posted via Blackberry @ wap.pinstack.com~~~

I think I'm gonna go with the 8700 now. Thanks!

andrebsd no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240F09FB

Got to second the part about "Suretype" BlackBerrys being the easiest non-querty devices. Takes a bit of getting used to; but its surely better than T9 .

Also would say that a few people seem to (from reading around online) still use the old blackberrys; such as the 957. If you can find service for them in your area and only need E-Mail capabilities it could be a very cheap alternative.

Now do I personaly recommend this route? No; not really. I thought I was only going to E-Mail and Call people; turns out the 7100 for the majority replaced my laptop. A 957 surely couldn't do that.. but a 957 could make it possible to have that one person in your family who just refuses to get a computer; finaly send an E-Mail to someone.
    PIN: 240F09FB - Feel free to msg anytime.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

There are people out there that refuse to get a computer?!?!?!?!?!?!
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Quote Originally Posted by melissaox
    There are people out there that refuse to get a computer?!?!?!?!?!?!
    I know some folks that are just too apathetic to get a computer/internet connection whatnot. But it's those same people that have a $30 Nokia phone with a basic plan and scoff that my phone is too fancy for them. Perhaps there's a few out there that could appreciate the usefulness of a BB without the extras of a computer. But then of course, how would they sync their Outlook contacts...hehe

jj3900 no está en línea Stack level 1

How difficult is it to adapt to typing on the 7130E, as opposed to the 7290? I like the form factor of the 7130E, but will probably use it mostly for emails.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

When I was considering my purchase of my third blackberry, I knew I wanted to use the messaging, organizational and browsing features. The two 7730s I used had these features but with the backlight on 24/7 (which killed the battery numerous times because the screen wasn't that great). I hardly used my 7730 as a phone due to it feeling bulky in my hand and losing the earpiece that came with it. My 7100t's solved the screen problem and I used the calendar, address book, text and PIN messaging, email and instant messaging (AIM, Yahoo, MSN, ICQ, BB Messenger). I find SureType easier on a 7100 series than pecking out my messages on a full keyboard BB, especially being able to type one handed which also proved much easier than T9 that I used on a Samsung E635 phone. I used the phone feature but not much because of all of the messaging features. I also don't kill the battery unless I leave it out for over a week disconnected from my pc. In my opinion, the 7100 series with SureType and the fact that it looks like a phone sold me on that series.

Gotta have a pc though to be able to synch the BB and my desktop calendar and address book which I still have yet to find.

nremtb no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    203c2d33

Re: Why choose a Blackberry phone?

because its the best thing to have mobile/pda combined. what else do you need

nremtb no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    203c2d33

I have used several different blackberry's in the stores or other peoples and the 8700 seems to be the most universal for email, sms, pin, text, and voice. I recomend it to anyone who dosent want to loose a step on any aspect

brodgar no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2589ceeb

Thumbs up Re: Brief guide to buying/choosing a Blackberry

Quote Originally Posted by jj3900
    How difficult is it to adapt to typing on the 7130E, as opposed to the 7290? I like the form factor of the 7130E, but will probably use it mostly for emails.
    I have recently gone from the 7290 to 8700g now have the 7130g and has only taken a day or so to get used to the sure type keyboard, i would highly recomend the 7130g the best BB i have had to date!

jcb3344 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Guide to: choosing a Blackberry phone

First day here. Looking at getting a blackberry to use mostly for email, and AIM.
    Alltel only offers the 7130 and 7250 on their website. I hate talking on the phone so while it will replace my cell, its not the priority.

Also might want to use internet...is it really possible to look at sites?

Yes if you have the BlackBerry Data Plan (unlimited preferably), you can have internet access. You don't have to have voice minutes on your plan. You can have the data plan only. If you plan on using a lot of text, I would find out if they offer an unlimited text add on package. That's how I use my BlackBerry.

To decide which device is more comfortable, go to the store and compare them both. Play with them and see which one feels more comfortable. I love the SureType 7100 series as these are easier to carry around for me. I had a full keyboard device (7730) and hated carrying the thing with me as it was bulky. I never used it as a phone so I don't know how it sounded. Couldn't travel with it due to signal problems and no quad band capabilities.

If you are comfortable with it, then go for it. However, if you want the newest features of the device (highly recommended), my best bet would be the 7130. It's up to you though.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

jcb3344, Welcome to PinStack.

Erica has pretty well covered it, The 7130 is the newer version so if you're into the latest items, that's your choice.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

normdonna950 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Smile 7130 or 8700 or Q

Just choosing my first Blackberry. Why is the 7130 better suited for voice if that is going to be its heavier useage than data? Which has better sound quality? Does the 7130 shape make it easier to hold than the 8700G? At the moment it's hard to choose between them? And finally why would one choose either over the Motorola Q? (Sorry if that's a bad word around here but as I said, I'm a newbie.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast