Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Originally Posted by StarmanDX You also might want to check to make sure the device ... BB Best Practices forum

kathieb no está en línea Stack level 1

modules not permitted by administrator

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by StarmanDX View Post
    You also might want to check to make sure the device wasn't used with an IT policy beforehand, or that if it was, that that BES administrator sends an empty IT policy to the device first. You can 'remove' it with policy.bin, but that doesn't restore the lost Bluetooth sync ability that goes away if any IT policy has ever been applied to the unit and not removed by the BES that 'owns' the unit first.
    I bought a bberry 8700c on ebay and am using as phone and pda...not internet. Now I have discovered I can't load any applications. When I try, I get "The following modules are not permitted to be loaded by your administrator."

Is this an indication that it had an IT policy not removed? I can't figure out how to become the administrator, since this is just for personal use.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by kathieb View Post
    I bought a bberry 8700c on ebay and am using as phone and pda...not internet. Now I have discovered I can't load any applications. When I try, I get "The following modules are not permitted to be loaded by your administrator."

Is this an indication that it had an IT policy not removed? I can't figure out how to become the administrator, since this is just for personal use.
    kathieb -- welcome to pinstack.

try this thread

i haven't ever had to do this, so not sure how its done. post back in that thread above if you have issues.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123