Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Was searching around the RIM site and came across this...The more that Blackberry is being ... BB Best Practices forum

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Guide: Buying Or Selling A Blackberry-Must Read if Buying Or Selling A Blackberry!

Advertisement

Was searching around the RIM site and came across this...The more that Blackberry is being sold and bought from individuals, this should come in handy.

ATTENTION: If you are buying a used BB from a third party (Especially a place like eBay), make sure that you learn the following information from the seller what is/is not included with the sale of the device:

You WILL need a mini-usb cable to connect your device to your computer to do Operating System Upgrades, Load Themes, Applications, etc.

Also make sure that the Desktop Manager CD is included in the purchase also. You will need this if you wish to connect your device to your computer also.

You also need to make sure that the BATTERY AND CHARGER are included in the package when they sent it to you! Your device will do you no good if you don't have either of those!

These are the MAIN THINGS that you need to check on BEFORE purchasing a Blackberry. Although you can easily obtain a mini-usb at the local Radio Shack/Best Buy/etc and you can download Desktop Manager off of the internet, you don't want to be surprised when the package arrives to find out that you are going to have to spend extra money and time before you can get your device functionable.

Other things that may or may not be included, could be the holster for the device itself, wired headset, instruction manual, etc.

Last edited by N8DBB; 07-27-2006 at 09:42 PM.

mqrx97 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    201e0540

Re: Guide To Buying Or Selling A Blackberry-Must Read if Buying Or Selling A Blackberry!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ok for some reason that image of "bbb4ubuy" is not loading?!?

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Guide: Buying Or Selling A Blackberry-Must Read if Buying Or Selling A Blackberry!

Cool N8DBB, thanks.

newleonne no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24a2aaeb

Re: Guide: Buying Or Selling A Blackberry-Must Read if Buying Or Selling A Blackberry!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thanks for the info

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Thanks for the chart.

CoolFinalFan no está en línea Stack level 4

Thumbs up Re: Guide: Buying Or Selling A Blackberry-Must Read if Buying Or Selling A Blackberry!

neat chart!!

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Re: Guide: Buying Or Selling A Blackberry-Must Read if Buying Or Selling A Blackberry

I am bumping this for additional information that has been added due to a recent event where I have been helping someone who just purchased a BB.

marvelous no está en línea Stack level 1

thanks

nvisi0n no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30B4DB5C

One other thing to ensure is that the device/PIN was removed from the sellers cellular account.

StarmanDX no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32B010CC

You also might want to check to make sure the device wasn't used with an IT policy beforehand, or that if it was, that that BES administrator sends an empty IT policy to the device first. You can 'remove' it with policy.bin, but that doesn't restore the lost Bluetooth sync ability that goes away if any IT policy has ever been applied to the unit and not removed by the BES that 'owns' the unit first.

szgabor no está en línea Stack level 1

Question

I just bought a blackberry myself on Ebay, and cannot get the service with it at all. The message is: "Service does not belong to allowed services for this customer"
    That exactly MAY BE a problem what StarmanDX wrote about "previous owner". But I do not understand how this can be removed. Can you please help?
    Last edited by szgabor; 12-27-2006 at 02:38 PM.

twister60 no está en línea Stack level 1

You might have to take it to a have it re-activated, which can be a expensive pain///

joe90 no está en línea Stack level 1

i bought a 8707v off ebay where the seller was actually working for the company Vodafone or so they say. but all i get when i start it up enter password and sim code is "invalid sim card" i have used the card on a p910i where it works so have i got a paperweight ? i tried getting the BB unlocked, but the imei number i gave them could not be found.is the phone locked or is it another problem.

ScottXl no está en línea Stack level 1

I recently bought a 7520 from eBay. The guy didn't take his phone off his account... so now I can't text with it 'till he does it. I don't even have a way to contact him. Kinda angers me. I can send/recieve calls, I just can't text. [I don't plan on getting the internet on it yet.]

brittalynn no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    ???

I Never Got The Cd What Do I Do, And What Is The Usb Cable For? Sorry Im New. ~britta

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast