Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

If you lose your BlackBerry This is especially important if you do not have a ... BB Best Practices forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

FAQ: Lost Blackberry or forget your password.

Advertisement

If you lose your BlackBerry
    This is especially important if you do not have a password set already, or if the password lockout was not engaged when you last had the device. Then whoever finds it has access to your data.

ok...

With a BES account

If you have an account on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES), Support Center to report that you have lost your device.

Without a BES account

First, you should turn off the Desktop Redirector or disable your mail frorwarding from the Blackberry Web Client. This will stop delivery of new mail to the device. Next, contact the reseller from whom you purchased the device, and request that service be disabled on it.

The BlackBerry service provider may need the PIN of the device in order to disable it. You should store a copy of the following information in the event that you lose your device:

* PIN
    * Model number
    * Reseller
    * Network provider
    * Date of purchase

If you recover your device, you will need to contact your service provider to get your account reactivated.

If you forget your password

Important: If you forget your BlackBerry password, do not keep trying to log in. You will be locked out of the device if you type the password incorrectly 10 times.

If you do get locked out, to reset your password would require a low level reset, or "nuke", which is a fairly drastic procedure. A low level reset wipes out your BlackBerry's memory completely, including the operating system. To make it functional again, you would have to cradle the device and reinstall all the BlackBerry software.

If you have a BlackBerry with a BES account, and you have forgotten your device password but you have not locked yourself out of the device, the password can be reset by your BES administrator.

giangster no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: FAQ: Lost Blackberry or forget your password.

Kay so my stupid friend decides to enter my password ten times and now i cant get in. whenever i turn on my phone a white screen appears and it starts wiping stuff then when thats done it goes on to "scrubbing" what does that mean??? how can i restore my phone again?

hellodb no está en línea Stack level 1

how to low level reset or nuke my bb 7730?
    thanks in advance

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

hellodb, Welcome to PinStack.

This is a pretty drastic request, but if you really need to do a complete wipe you can follow the procedure below.
    1. Start by Downloading and installing JL_Cmder, see that link for instructions.
    2. Download and execute on your PC the latest software for your BB. See this thread for links to the sofware download site for your carrier, Blackberry OS Software links (by carrier).
    3. Connect you BB to your PC
    4. Open JL_Cmder,
    5. Select the Wipe Option (5)
    6. Follow the instructions in this thread very carefully, How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't recognize The Device Is Connected
      • Be sure to follow everything carefully, especially the items in Red

You may have a hard time finding the OS software for this device as it's not listed as a currrently available device on RIMs product site.
    Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

stuckriser no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by hayden
    If you lose your BlackBerry
    This is especially important if you do not have a password set already, or if the password lockout was not engaged when you last had the device. Then whoever finds it has access to your data.

ok...

With a BES account

If you have an account on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES), Support Center to report that you have lost your device.

Without a BES account

First, you should turn off the Desktop Redirector or disable your mail frorwarding from the Blackberry Web Client. This will stop delivery of new mail to the device. Next, contact the reseller from whom you purchased the device, and request that service be disabled on it.

The BlackBerry service provider may need the PIN of the device in order to disable it. You should store a copy of the following information in the event that you lose your device:

* PIN
    * Model number
    * Reseller
    * Network provider
    * Date of purchase

If you recover your device, you will need to contact your service provider to get your account reactivated.

If you forget your password

Important: If you forget your BlackBerry password, do not keep trying to log in. You will be locked out of the device if you type the password incorrectly 10 times.

If you do get locked out, to reset your password would require a low level reset, or "nuke", which is a fairly drastic procedure. A low level reset wipes out your BlackBerry's memory completely, including the operating system. To make it functional again, you would have to cradle the device and reinstall all the BlackBerry software.

If you have a BlackBerry with a BES account, and you have forgotten your device password but you have not locked yourself out of the device, the password can be reset by your BES administrator.
    Hi,my wife has forgotten her password for her 8100 she has one attempt left of the ten can you help as what to do? I dont know if she is on BES or BIS who can do a nuke if it has to be done?all the best steve.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Hello and welcome to pinstack. My advice to you is not to enter that 10th attemp until you remember exactly what the password is.

A BES is a company provided setup, is this a personal or company BB?

If you do enter the password wrong the 10th time as you may have read above the BB will be wiped clean of all the info and you will have to start fresh.

Did your wife backup the BB? If so you can enter the password wrong and just restore the backup.

Let us know how we can help...

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

stuckriser, Welcome to PinStack.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

uuhiteboy no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23ed3bfd

Hi there all!! Well i have the same problem as stuckriser. So my question is how do you back up a Pearl??

Thanxs to all my Ninjas! vbmenu_register("postmenu_136917", true);

burgessgolfs no está en línea Stack level 1

Luckily i am not there, but for information purposes:

If you have to wipe the BB clean b/c of a forgotten password, can you sync with your laptop to retrieve all of your data? Address Book? How about password vault? Or would you have to do a separate back up?

bob_anderson no está en línea Stack level 1

Wow, great to know.

I lost my 7510 ages ago, I eventually replaced it with a 7100i, only to find it again and realize that in my "looking for it" period, I had a total of about 190 emails in 2 days before i had the service cancelled.

The good thing was that it was a teacher in my highschool who found it and gave it back about a 2 months later when i had him in another class

clama1122 no está en línea Stack level 1

I need help with my 8300.....i forgot my password and now i have a JVM ERROR 15 on a white screen.
    Please HELP!!! tks

cngpr no está en línea Stack level 1

I try but I get a message asking if BB has Password. I answer yes , tehn type the word blackberry, then ask me for password that i do not have . PLease help.

Roxizfrog1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Help! My Blackberry 8310 has a white screen with an error code JVM 513. What can I do to restore it?

JodieE no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi
    Can someone please tell me, is the above only for when the BB is locked or will it be the same for my password keeper - I have entered 7 out of 10 attempts so far to try and unlock the password keeper. My actual BB is not password protected.
    thx

iginla no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2568ACBA
    I was sent a blackberry 8700g from UK but on inserting my MTN sim card into it, it was giving me error message-'insert SIM'. I guess it is locked to 02 network.
    Please stackers what is the way out ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast