Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1) Run a BlackBerry Network dianostics test . This will confirm if you are connected ... BB Best Practices forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

5 things/tips you should know BEFORE a BlackBerry Outage

Advertisement

1) Run a BlackBerry Network dianostics test. This will confirm if you are connected to BlackBerry servers or not. Go to: Options > Mobile Network > ( Press menu button) > Diagnostics Test > Run.

2) Don't always expect PIN to PIN messages to work - During outages don't expect PIN to PIN messages to work sometimes that service will also be down. Check the pin-to-pin status in your diagnostics report. However, you can still "send" a PIN message but it wont be delivered till service is restored.

3) Use SMS text messaging - Make urgent contact using SMS text messages. These are sent over your Carrier's Network by default unless you've changed that setting in Options > SMS text > Network to send over.

4) You've been Temporarily downgraded! - Remember during an outage your BlackBerry will function similar to a regular low-end cell phone. By this we mean No PUSH email, no web browsing, no PIN messaging and no IM (Instant Messaging) services.

5) Repeat the Diagnostics Test when service is restored - If the test fails go to Manage Connections and turn off your Mobile Network option, then check box to turn back on. Still fails? Hold in the power button till the device powers down, then press the power button again to power up. If the service fails and you are 100% certain it's been restored then press and hold power button to shut down device, then remove and replace the battery for a hard reset.*

Bonus tip: Reply to pending emails via PC if possible. Yes we know you are itching to get those thumbs typing but with any outage there will be a flood of messages and data being syncronized once service is restored. Help ease RIM's initial recovery-load by avoiding the use of BB email, browsing, etc for at least the first 30mins unless of course you are away from your desk.

*On QWERTY models this can be quickly accomplished by pressing alt +aA+DEL simultaneously. However, it's a best-practice to press and hold power button, wait for device to shut down, then remove and replace battery. The above shortcut basically can be compared to pressing the reset button on your PC while all your applications are still open. Use it if your device crashes, which as we know that's VERY rare.
    Attached Images Attached Images

BERRYCURVE no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: 5 things/tips you should know BEFORE a BlackBerry Outage

Thanks for the tips Hayden, my network is running fine and now I know how to check it when there is an issue RIM wise

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6

Great tips! SMS text were being used like crazy yesterday!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

gkatmar no está en línea Stack level 2

My Blackberry Registration says "NO" and my connected to Blackberry says "No"? What does that mean?

RedVR6 no está en línea Stack level 2

Good procedures here. I learned this on the outage last week after searching for at least an hour.

powerdog no está en línea Stack level 2

This outage happened just when I was starting to test the functions of my new BB!

Is there another way to make sure my email account is working OK?

lakaw no está en línea Stack level 2

Is this for BES only? I'm on BIS and my BlackBerry Registration, Connected to Blackberry, and BlackBerry PIN-to-PIN all say no. Internet is working for me.

peguero no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID

Honestly I didn't notice anything during the outage, I don't think I was affected. Email (sending and recieving) were working so were all my other services.
    5RAWMINUTES!

"Things that you want to change in the world have to start inside yourself. You have to be thinking. You have to be resisting. You have to be talking."
    – George Carlin

r1ckynutz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241D1B73

thanks for the tip Hayden. I'm still out :cry:

brettxw no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Ya wht if my connection to blackberry says No?

brettxw no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Scratch that. all is fine now

ash88 no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB( my services have been effected, but thought it was because I am driving through different states. My GPS wouldn't work and really went off track.. Thanx all is right now and I'm back on back on track.thank you for the help.

dtole no está en línea Stack level 5

Great info, Hayden...I will out it to good use...
    D-Tole

coreysr no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24426C48

Ok, quick question! I run my diagnostic and I'm connected to everything but my BB email addy! I resend service books, says they are succesfully sent yet nothing! I've done hard reset,soft reset and every set in between! Any ideas what could be wrong?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Thanks for the information. Very good pointers. I usually tell my customers that emails and pin messaging won't work as fast and may not be up at all. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast