Vodafone Australia has told me that in order to sync the Blackberry Pearl 8100 with ... Desktop & Syncing forum

zen_phoenix no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2507b3e1

Question Vodafone tells me syncing Pearl 8100 to PC via BLuetooth is not supported?

Advertisement

Vodafone Australia has told me that in order to sync the Blackberry Pearl 8100 with Desktop Manager on the PC, only the USB cable works, Bluetooth doesn't.
    I then had another say that it would only work if you were using Enterprise Service, not Internet Service. From what I can tell on these forums, both of these statements are rubbish. However I can't call RIM directly in Australia, and am stumped. Are either of the statements above true?

I am using XPSP2, Blackberry Pearl 8100 and a Jabra A320s bluetooth dongle.

I had the problem with "Enable Bluetooth support" being greyed out, and followed the guides in this forum to
    a) uninstall the Broadcomm software
    b) edit the bth.inf file to fool windows into installing the driver.
    This worked, and WIndows detected by device, setup bluetooth, and i successfully paired with my Blackberry, and "enable bluetooth support" was enabled.

Where it is stopped now is that "adding the bluetooth device" from Blackbery device manager fails to find the blackberry (even though Windows pairs with and sees it).

Any ideas?

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Vodafone tells me syncing Pearl 8100 to PC via BLuetooth is not supported?

I can assure you the BB can do Bluetooth sync, whether you are doing something wrong or not I cant answer. Mine set up properly the first time so I havent had to troubleshoot. Anyone else?

zen_phoenix no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2507b3e1

Thumbs up Re: Vodafone tells me syncing Pearl 8100 to PC via BLuetooth is not supported?

I spent a whole day on this and ultimately resolved it.

I was also getting the "unable to write or update application data" problem with my USB cable.

I wiped my blackberry, uninstalled desktop manager 4.2, installed 4.2 SP1, restored a backup, paired again, and this time the device was found. I've now synced via Bluetooth, problem solved.

Still waiting for Vodafone 3rd level support to call me back to tell me the phone doesn't support this. :-)