Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

As far as the ESN # goes - do you mean the alphanumeric ESN or ... Desktop & Syncing forum

ofelas no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: How To: Switch to a new Blackberry and restore data from the old Blackberry

Advertisement

As far as the ESN # goes - do you mean the alphanumeric ESN or the hex ESN?
    Thx.

eposadas no está en línea Stack level 1

Does this work with GroupWise BES users?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I would assume it is because I see options for BES users

DriverFIT no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by hayden
    To switch to a new BlackBerry Wireless Handheld and restore the data from a backup file:
    1. Back up the data from the old handheld.
    2. Load data to the new handheld.
    3. (BES) Switch your email account to the new handheld.
    4. (BIS) Switch BlackBerry assigned to BIS account
    Step 1 - Back Up the Old Handheld

To back up the data from the old handheld:
    1. Connect the handheld to your personal computer.
    2. Use Backup and Restore to back up the data. This will create an .ipd file.
    3. Disconnect the handheld.
    Step 2 - Load Data to the New Handheld

To load the data from the .ipd file to the new BlackBerry:
    1. Remove the SIM card from your old handheld and insert it into the new handheld.
    2. Connect the new handheld to your personal computer.
    3. BES only When prompted to switch your email account to the connected handheld, click No.Note: If you switch your email account now, the handheld will encounter an error when you attempt to restore data to the handheld from the backup file.
    4. If the new handheld had a previous owner, clear all the data on the handheld. For instructions, see
    5. In Desktop Manager, use Backup and Restore to restore the data from the .ipd file to your new handheld.
    6. Once the data has been restored, disconnect the handheld.
    Step 3 - Switch BES Email Account to New BB (BIS users skip to Step 4)

To switch your email account to the new handheld:
    1. Reconnect your new handheld to your personal computer.
    2. When prompted to switch your email account to the connected handheld, click Yes.
    3. If prompted to update the handheld software, follow the on-screen instructions.
    4. When prompted to generate a new encryption key, click OK, then move your mouse in a random motion until the Generating New Key dialog box close.
    Step 4 - Switch BlackBerry assigned to BIS account

For BlackBerry Internet Service 2.0
    1. Go to your service provider’s BlackBerry Internet Service web site and log in to your account.
    2. Click Change Handheld.
    3. To change the PIN, delete the number in the Handheld PIN field and enter the new PIN.
    4. Click Save.
    For BlackBerry Internet Service 1.8
    1. Go to your service provider’s BlackBerry Internet Service web site and log in to your account.
    2. In the top menu, click Profile.
    3. Under Change Handheld, click the handheld hyperlink.
    4. To change the PIN, delete the number in the PIN field and enter the new PIN.
    5. To change the ESN or IMEI, delete the number in the ESN/IMEI field and enter the new number.
    6. Click Submit. Your information is saved.
    Done!
    I bought an 8700g off of ebay and performed the switch lastnight, but I was not able to complete step 4. TMo's handheld profile does not allow me to edit PIN... at least I was not able to find it. I am not able to send and receive emails at all. I am wondering whether there's something TMo has to do on their end or is there something I can do? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

DriverFIT no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by DriverFIT
    I bought an 8700g off of ebay and performed the switch lastnight, but I was not able to complete step 4. TMo's handheld profile does not allow me to edit PIN... at least I was not able to find it. I am not able to send and receive emails at all. I am wondering whether there's something TMo has to do on their end or is there something I can do? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    I found it! Everything's working now.

MikeJ7 no está en línea Stack level 2

Sounds like great instructions, however; for us Verizon 8703e users - we do not have a removable SIM card.
    I have had 3 warranty replacements and since on BES, after activation, BES automatically reinstalls everthing automatically. All I had to do was key in License Keys and some preferences.

Thanks Hayden....

crackberryadict no está en línea Stack level 1

Hello, will this work for upgrading from a 8700c to the 8800? Thanks

kingofdasouth no está en línea Stack level 2

Great advice!

chung_chek no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    203DF00F

it didn't work for me when I tried to restore old data from 8700g to new curve. The button Restore is dimmed. I suspect the old desktop manager cannot recognise the new phone. Any help?

carlito 71 no está en línea Stack level 1

loldgcgcgcvv

syn92 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ac9d95

when you backup old address book to move to new pearl, will it erase the phone book you have already started on new pearl or does it just add the old on top of new? i'm scared to do it, but i need the addresses on the old 7100T...help?

Deckard717 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi RCBJR..hope you or anyone can help please.

I backed up my old BB 8520 before taking it in for repairs. I received a new 8520 but am not able to restore it using BB Desktop Manager. I get the message that "I do not have permissions to open this file".."contact the file owner or administrator to obtain permission".

Any suggestions....??

Could it be that I have a new device with a new PIN number?

Thanking you in advance.

Deckard

almedajohnson no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have tried the guide given but I stuck in between with an error. Is there anyone who get the desired output with this guide?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    What is the error you are receiving? What version of Desktop Manager do you have? Have you tried the Switch Device Wizard in Desktop Manager?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12