How To - Restore messages from a previous BlackBerry to a new BlackBerry during an ... Desktop & Syncing forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

How To: Restore messages from old BlackBerry to new BB (enterprise activation)

Advertisement

How To - Restore messages from a previous BlackBerry to a new BlackBerry during an enterprise activation

This article applies to the following:
    • BlackBerry® Desktop Manager 4.0 and later
    • BlackBerry Device Software 4.0 and later
    • BlackBerry Enterprise Server 4.0 and later

To transfer all the messages from a previous BlackBerry device to a new BlackBerry device, complete the following steps:
    1. Connect the previous BlackBerry device to the personal computer and open BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    2. Open Backup and Restore.
    3. Click Backup, then click Save.
    4. Disconnect the previous BlackBerry device.
    5. Complete an enterprise activation of the new BlackBerry device.
    6. After the enterprise activation is complete, turn off the BlackBerry device radio and connect the BlackBerry device to the personal computer.
    7. In BlackBerry Desktop Manager, open Backup and Restore.
    8. Click Restore.
    9. Select the backup file (with the IPD extension) that you saved in step 3.
    10. Click Open.
    11. When prompted to proceed with the restore operation, click Cancel.
    12. Click Advanced.
    13. From Desktop File Databases listed in the left pane, select Messages, Folders, and Folder Id, and click the right arrow to move the databases to the right pane.
    14. Click OK to allow the restore operation to overwrite the BlackBerry device databases.

justelise no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    203C9815

Re: How To: Restore messages from BlackBerry to a new BB during enterprise activation.

Correct me if I am wrong but the steps you describe above are to be done BEFORE the enterprise activation, not during.. ?
    justelise
    http://itsreallyjustme.net
    Drop by my blog and say hi!
    If you need Gmail, lemme know!

ROCKY no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: How To: Restore messages from BlackBerry to a new BB during enterprise activation.

Quote Originally Posted by justelise
    Correct me if I am wrong but the steps you describe above are to be done BEFORE the enterprise activation, not during.. ?
    There are two steps listed - one before and one after. Just follow through the steps above and you should be able to get all your data back.

Question I have is: What if you've already wiped the Blackberry - can you synchronize the unit to get all the message from your inbox back onto the blackberry?

Rock