Hi, I just received my new Curve 8310 and want to transfer my Palm contacts, ... Desktop & Syncing forum

brokenbricks no está en línea Stack level 2

Palm to Curve

Advertisement

Hi,
    I just received my new Curve 8310 and want to transfer my Palm contacts, calendar to it. I tried using Switch Device Wizard, but everytime it gets to the screen to select the Palm device both radio buttons are greyed out and I can't select anything. Any ideas?

Thanks.

ffmike no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    21C0D135

Re: Palm to Curve

Hi and welcome! Glad to see you have converted!

Is your palm connected to your outlook? Thats the way I would do it. Sync the palm to your outlook, then use the blackberry manager to sync the BB to your outlook.

Good luck!

jdchamp31 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24A7ED37

Make sure that the palm pilot is plugged in and hot sync is functional
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

brokenbricks no está en línea Stack level 2

Unfortunately I do not have Outlook installed. But I guess I can find a computer that has it. I was just hoping to do it through the Desktop Manager. I do have the Palm device hooked up and just did a sync.

Thanks.

TreBlack7 no está en línea Stack level 2

The Desktop Manager's Switch Device Wizard is specifically for Blackberry devices: like going from the 8703e to the 8320, or if you have a semi-functional device that is being replaced (or "switched")through insurance.

You could always go to Microsoft's website and download the trial of Outlook for free, sync your Palm with Outlook, and then sync your Blackberry through the Desktop Manager. Just click the Configuration tab in the DM, choose the Configure Sycnh Option, configure the Address Book and Calendar to synch with Outlook, and synch'er up.