I just backed up for the first time. when i installed the desktop software on ... Desktop & Syncing forum

misslemos no está en línea Stack level 1

Question need help backing up b4 i install 4gb memory card

Advertisement

I just backed up for the first time.
    when i installed the desktop software on my home computer ( i have no internet at home), i noticed the media manager didn't install.
    i came to work and installed the desktop software on my work computer, and i do have the media manager. and the options were different when i went to connection settings. (i have XP at home, and later version here at work).
    anyhoo, so now i went to the Advanced option under the 'backup and restore" and when i opened it up everything merged to the rt side of the window.
    so i backed that up. right? i saw where it said address book, i have like 200 contacts.
    so now am i safe to turn off my phone and input my new card?
    i copied all my music, pics, videos last night to my home computer. i'm just worried about losing my address book
    please help!

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    Just snyc your address book using DM.

---
    Any questions/problems with your Curve 8320 feel free to contact me via E-mail. heavycomponent@tmo.blackberry.net

--HeavyC.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

so is that what i did? by doing the backup/restore? or do i have to go to sychronize, because what if it puts the addresses from my outlook? i don't want those, those are for work
    my address book is saved on the actual phone though, right? not on the memory card. i'm just worried about anything erasing.
    ~ Liza ~
    T-Mobile
    BlackBerry® Curve™ 8320

PIN/ID
    Doing a backup on DM saves everything that is on your phone. Even your address book so when you need those addresses back. Go to backup and choose advance. Load up the backup file from where ever you saved it on your PC, pick address book and transfer it over.

---
    Any questions/problems with your Curve 8320 feel free to contact me via E-mail. heavycomponent@tmo.blackberry.net

--HeavyC.

yay. i put in the new card, no problem with address book or anything
    thanks for the help!
    ~ Liza ~
    T-Mobile
    BlackBerry® Curve™ 8320

PIN/ID
    Cool, your good to go.

---

--HeavyC.