You can set up BlackBerry Desktop Manager to reconcile the messages on your BlackBerry device ... Desktop & Syncing forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

How To: Reconcile messages to a PST file

Advertisement

You can set up BlackBerry Desktop Manager to reconcile the messages on your BlackBerry device with a Microsoft Outlook Personal Stores file (PST) on your personal computer. The reconciliation process can be performed manually, or it can be performed automatically each time you connect your BlackBerry device to your personal computer. Additionally, you can set up to reconcile messages from your BlackBerry device.

To reconcile messages using BlackBerry Desktop Manager, complete the following steps:
    1. Connect your BlackBerry device to your computer.
    2. In BlackBerry Desktop Manager, open Intellisync.
    3. Click Configure reconciliation.
    4. In the Personal Folder section, from the Personal Folder drop-down list, select the PST file you want to reconcile with your BlackBerry device.
    5. Click OK.
    6. Complete one of these tasks:
      • To reconcile manually, select the Reconcile messages check box and click Synchronize Now.Your messages will be reconciled with the selected PST file.
      • To reconcile automatically, click Auto Start, select the Reconcile messages check box, and click OK.Your messages will be reconciled with the selected PST file the next time you connect your BlackBerry device to your computer.
    7. Click Close.
    To reconcile messages using your BlackBerry device, complete the following steps:
    Note: The BlackBerry device user must be on a BlackBerry Enterprise Server or using the BlackBerry Internet Service in order to perform this wirelessly.
    1. On the BlackBerry device Home screen, click Messages.
    2. Click the trackwheel and select Options.
    3. Select Email Reconciliation and set the following features:
      • In the Delete On field, select Handheld, Mailbox and Handheld, or Prompt.
      • In the Wireless Reconcile field, select On.
      • In the On Conflicts field, select either Handheld wins or Mailbox wins.
    4. Click the trackwheel and select Save.
    Additional Information

When you reconcile messages with a PST file, any folders stored in the PST file are copied to your BlackBerry device. You can use those folders to file the messages you want to reconcile with the PST file.
    When you file messages from a Microsoft Exchange folder to a PST file, the messages that are present on the BlackBerry device will also be filed when the following occurs:
    1. Connect the BlackBerry device to the personal computer.
    2. In BlackBerry Desktop Manager, open Intellisync.
    3. Select the Reconcile messages check box and click Synchronize now.
    Note: BlackBerry Internet Service 2.0 supports one-way synchronization from the BlackBerry device to the source messaging and collaboration server, as shown below.

gfountain no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: How To: Reconcile messages to a PST file

When I open Intellisync, the checkbox for Email Reconcilliation is grayed out and I do not see anywhere that I can enable it - the only 'Configure' options I have is for 3rd party add-ins and for the PIM - but only the notes,tasks, calendar, and contacts.

Glen

naviwilliams no está en línea Stack level 4

You probably have it set for OTA, thus 'local' sync is disabled...

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

updated

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

tchettle no está en línea Stack level 1

Query re OTA

Pardon mY ignorance i have the Greyed out problem as described above. How do i change and what is the OTA setting.

Thanks

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    tchettle, Welcome to PinStack.

Unless you are on a BES, there will be no capability for email reconcilliation with your BB. You probably installed the Desktop Manager using the Enterprise Option instead of the Internet option. Your profile indicates that you are not using a BES.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

openminde no está en línea Stack level 1
    @Rcbjr does this mean if i reinstall desktop manager and choose BES it'll now reconcile my email messages?

I just got my bb 7290 yesterday and everything works fine except the email synch which is driving me nuts!
    Any ideas on how to synch mails?

Please help

thanks.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    openminde, Welcome to PinStack.

No, just choosing BES will do nothing but cause problems. You must suscribe to a BES service, either a hosted BES or with your company. I assume this is a personal BB and you have set it up to use BIS.

BBs do not sync email. It is pushed to your BB by the BIS from the account(s) you set up there. This is not like the old PDAs that you could mirror your Desktop on the handheld, using the sync app, but couldn't receive the email directly.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer

openminde no está en línea Stack level 1
    thanks Rcbjnr.

I'll check out the hosted BES and see what it has to offer.
    My bb is setp to use BIS and i use it for my small company.

any other tips and advice will be welcome.

thanks again.

great site!

dk18947 no está en línea Stack level 1

I am trying to reconcile messages between my pst and bb. I do not have BES. I can receive e-mails on my bb. I can delete e-mails on my bb and they delete properly on my desktop. However if I delete e-mails on my pc in outlook, they do not delete from my bb. On my bb, I have the settings set to: delete on: mailbox and hand held. Wireless reconcile: on. On conflicts: mailbox wins.

So if wireless reconciliation does not work, I am willing to try manual, but in blackberry desktop, I cannot get to the "reconcile messages" screen as it is grayed out.

I see some things like this were posted before, but I don't understand the solution. If there is no way to synch my e-mails, I might as well return the bb. I don't have time to delete hundreds of e-mails per day twice- once on my pc and again on my phone.

Thanks for any help.

Dave

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

dk18947, Without the BES, two way reconciliation is not possible. This is not really the fault of the BIS or the BlackBerry, as deleting on the BB proves by moving the messages to the Deleted folder on the server which then propigates to a deletion on your Outlook Client.

The BIS polls you IMAP Email Server for new messages, it does not, and may not be able to Poll for messages that have been moved to the Deleted File on the IMAP Server.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

curvevictim no está en línea Stack level 1

So is the answer to dk18947's question that he is out of luck?
    Without BES there is no way to configure so that deleting emails on the bberry will then also delete them in my Outlook?

Thanks very much.
    Last edited by curvevictim; 11-21-2007 at 03:11 AM. Reason: wanted to subscribe to answer