Hello, I have a Pearl 8100 and want to setup wireless sync via BT with ... Desktop & Syncing forum

mpallo no está en línea Stack level 1

[DM Sync] Compatible BT Dongle for Vista + Outlook 2003

Advertisement

Hello,

I have a Pearl 8100 and want to setup wireless sync via BT with Outlook 2003 and DM. I am using Vista Business on a Gateway laptop.

I am looking for someone who could direct me to a compatible BT dongle for purchase that has been proven to work with my configuration. I do not have built-in BT on the lappy.

Thanks so much.

poopc4 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: [DM Sync] Compatible BT Dongle for Vista + Outlook 2003

I use the pearl and 8320 with vista home pro and business, and outlook 2007, for media manager I still need to use the usb cord, but on desktops, not laptops, but it is still no reason why it would be any different.
    I use a TBW-105UB from Trendnet, looks like they are on sale at the egg now: here

Thank you very much....exactly what I was looking for.

OK this arrived and I cannot get it to work. I can't get the USB symbol in the system tray to come up unless I install the software from the drivers CD. WINDCOMM I think its called? Which services should I select for it to work in the My Bluetooth Places? I select PIM sync and then it says its not supported. It seems to create new ports in the DM (4.2.1.8) but it will not show up. It will connect for a brief moment and then error with device not connected etc.

Is there a cheat sheet anywhere on how to get this going on?